Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 now is over!
Animation competition organized by the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan (Bunka-cho) and run by the Japan Image Council since 2010, this project aims to provide three outstanding young animation artists with an opportunity to come to Tokyo and create new works while directly interacting with Japanese animation culture.
Documents/materials to be submitted
1.Reference materials describing the work to be created as part of this program (at least three minutes in length). It is preferable that applicants submit documents (story board, script, etc.) which make it possible to understand plans for the work in detail.
2.Proof of a work having been screened at an international film festival, exhibition, or similar event (e.g. a copy of the list of screened works in a festival catalogue). Please make sure that the proof shows the event’s internationality (i.e. proof that it screens/features works from countries other than your own). Proof of more than one film having been screened is not required.
3.Proof of age and citizenship (e.g. a photocopy of your passport). There is no entry fee for this video contest!
Who can participate? ⇣
- Reside outside of Japan and be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- Have had one of their animated works screened at an international film festival, exhibition or similar event where works from countries other than their own were also screened/featured.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 as of September 10th, 2015.
- Be able to speak either English or Japanese at least well enough to communicate in everyday situations. - Be in good health.
- Have access to the equipment necessary to participate in a remote interview (i.e. a computer capable of connecting to the internet and using Skype).
No Entry Fee!