Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 - ANIMATION COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The winners have been announced on
The Call for Entries titled Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 is now open!
Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
animation competition organized by the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan (Bunka-cho) and run by the Japan Image Council since 2010, this project aims to provide three outstanding young animation artists with an opportunity to come to Tokyo and create new works while directly interacting with Japanese animation culture.
1.Reference materials describing the work to be created as part of this program (at least three minutes in length). It is preferable that applicants submit documents (story board, script, etc.) which make it possible to understand plans for the work in detail.
2.Proof of a work having been screened at an international film festival, exhibition, or similar event (e.g. a copy of the list of screened works in a festival catalogue). Please make sure that the proof shows the event’s internationality (i.e. proof that it screens/features works from countries other than your own). Proof of more than one film having been screened is not required.
3.Proof of age and citizenship (e.g. a photocopy of your passport).
There is no entry fee for this video contest!
- Reside outside of Japan and be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- Have had one of their animated works screened at an international film festival, exhibition or similar event where works from countries other than their own were also screened/featured.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 as of September 10th, 2015.
- Be able to speak either English or Japanese at least well enough to communicate in everyday situations.
- Be in good health.
- Have access to the equipment necessary to participate in a remote interview (i.e. a computer capable of connecting to the internet and using Skype).
A selection committee composed of experts in this field will make two rounds of selections (the first based on applications, the second based on interviews conducted via the Internet) to arrive at a preliminary list of candidates of participants. The period of stay will be 70 days between 7th January and 17th March 2016, during which they will receive funds to cover travel, accommodation, educational fees, and other expenses.
For all further informations about the competition Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo (A-AIR) 2016 or to submit your works visit the following official website: