Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) 2018 - ANIMATION COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) 2018 is now open!
Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) 2018
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF), animation competition dedicate to short and feature animated films, has been recently opened for entries for 2018 inviting animators from around the globe to submit their recent work in this year’s competition categories.
The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF), North America’s leading animation film festival organise by Canadian Film Institute, is now accepting film entries for 2018 edition inviting animators from around the globe to submit their recent work in this year’s competition categories.
Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is one of the world’s leading animation events providing screenings, exhibits, workshops and entertainment since 1976. OIAF is an annual five-day event bringing art and industry together in a vibrant hub and attracting more than 28,000 artists, producers, students and animation fans from around the world.
The aim of the animation competition is to foster the development and growth of animation talent found within their country and region.
For 42 years, the OIAF has attracted film and animation buffs, art lovers and filmmakers from around the globe.
From September 26-30, 2018 downtown Ottawa will once again be the stage where you can enjoy the world's most cutting-edge, thoughtful, funny and provocative animation films while mingling with many of animation's most celebrated stars, studios and characters.
Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) 2018 is open for work in the following major categories:
• Animated Feature
• Narrative Animated Short
• Non-Narrative Animated Short
• Student Animation
• Commissioned Animation (series, commercials, music videos)
• Young Audiences – Preschool, Ages 6-12
• VR Animation
• Only animated films that were completed after May 26th, 2017 are eligible.
• Film works submitted for selection must be presented as a URL link to a streaming video source. No downloads. The link must remain accessible until the end of July. DVDs are no longer accepted.
• The official languages of the Festival are English and French. The Festival requires all submissions to include English subtitles where applicable. If your film has dialogue that is not English and is not subtitled, you must include an English dialogue script.
• Director's photograph (300 dpi), biography and 3 stills from the film (300 dpi) are required.
• If your film is selected, organbiser must receive a high-definition Quicktime .mov file (H264 or ProRes only, resolution 1920x1080).
• It's accepted DCP for Competition films, however we require a .mov file as well in order to screen at our non-DCP venues as needed.
• The festival no longer accepts 35mm, Betacam SP or any other tape format as screening copies.
• All films selected for the festival must be received by Friday, August 3rd, 2018 or you risk disqualification.
OIAF18 features a brand new VR animation category acknowledging and celebrating the exhilarating and pioneering work being done in Virtual Reality.
Approximately 150 films will be chosen for Official Competition and Out-of-Competition Showcase screenings. During OIAF18, juries comprised of animation professionals, media and local kids will sit with the audience to judge the festival competition screenings.
A prize will be awarded to the best entry in each of the Competition Categories. The juries, at their discretion, may also award additional special prizes.
There is no entry fee to partecipate in this festival!
It's free to enter!
This festival is opene to all animators from around the globe.
In addition to category prizes, submissions will also be considered for a variety of craft and other awards including the Festival’s Academy Award recognized Grand Prize for Short Animation. In addition, there are National competitions for Canadian animators and a Canadian student competition.
The juries will present the following awards:
• GRAND PRIZE for Best Animated Feature
• GRAND PRIZE for Best Short Animation
• PRIZE for Best Narrative Short Animation
• PRIZE for Best Non-Narrative Animation
• PRIZE for Best Student Animation
• PRIZE for Best Canadian Student Animation
• PRIZE for Best Commissioned Animation
• PRIZE for Best Virtual Reality (VR) Animation
• PRIZE for Best Preschool Animation Made for Young Audiences
• PRIZE for Best Animation Made for Young Audiences 6-12
• PRIZE for Best Script
• PRIZE for Best Animation Technique
• PRIZE for Best Use of Sound
• PRIZE for Best Design
• Other Prizes
• Canadian Film Institute (CFI) Award for Best Canadian Animation
• Film Critic's Prize
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) 2018 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.animationfestival.ca/
Organizer: Canadian Film Institute
Category: ANIMATION COMPETITION
Official Website: Link
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Published by: InfoDesigners
Listed by: InfoDesigners