The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF), North America’s leading animation film festival organise by Canadian Film Institute, is now accepting film entries for 2018 edition inviting animators from around the globe to submit their recent work in this year’s competition categories.
Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is one of the world’s leading animation events providing screenings, exhibits, workshops and entertainment since 1976. OIAF is an annual five-day event bringing art and industry together in a vibrant hub and attracting more than 28,000 artists, producers, students and animation fans from around the world.
The aim of the animation competition is to foster the development and growth of animation talent found within their country and region.
For 42 years, the OIAF has attracted film and animation buffs, art lovers and filmmakers from around the globe.
From September 26-30, 2018 downtown Ottawa will once again be the stage where you can enjoy the world’s most cutting-edge, thoughtful, funny and provocative animation films while mingling with many of animation’s most celebrated stars, studios and characters.
Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) 2018 is open for work in the following major categories:
• Animated Feature
• Narrative Animated Short
• Non-Narrative Animated Short
• Student Animation
• Commissioned Animation (series, commercials, music videos)
• Young Audiences – Preschool, Ages 6-12
• VR Animation
• Only animated films that were completed after May 26th, 2017 are eligible.
• Film works submitted for selection must be presented as a URL link to a streaming video source. No downloads. The link must remain accessible until the end of July. DVDs are no longer accepted.
• The official languages of the Festival are English and French. The Festival requires all submissions to include English subtitles where applicable. If your film has dialogue that is not English and is not subtitled, you must include an English dialogue script.
• Director’s photograph (300 dpi), biography and 3 stills from the film (300 dpi) are required.
• If your film is selected, organbiser must receive a high-definition Quicktime .mov file (H264 or ProRes only, resolution 1920x1080).
• It’s accepted DCP for Competition films, however we require a .mov file as well in order to screen at our non-DCP venues as needed.
• The festival no longer accepts 35mm, Betacam SP or any other tape format as screening copies.
• All films selected for the festival must be received by Friday, August 3rd, 2018 or you risk disqualification.
OIAF18 features a brand new VR animation category acknowledging and celebrating the exhilarating and pioneering work being done in Virtual Reality.
Approximately 150 films will be chosen for Official Competition and Out-of-Competition Showcase screenings. During OIAF18, juries comprised of animation professionals, media and local kids will sit with the audience to judge the festival competition screenings.
A prize will be awarded to the best entry in each of the Competition Categories. The juries, at their discretion, may also award additional special prizes.
There is no entry fee to partecipate in this festival!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This festival is opene to all animators from around the globe.