AZ Awards for Design Excellence 2017 now is over!
AZ Awards for Design Excellence 2017: Now in its 7th year, design and architecture competition AZ Awards for Design Excellence organised by Azure, an award-winning magazine, has opened for entries for 2017 inviting all designers, architects, clients, manufacturers and students to partecipate.
The AZ Awards is an initiative, design and architecture competition of AZURE, an award-winning magazine with a focus on contemporary architecture and design.
Since its launch in 1985, AZURE has earned a global reputation for excellence. The magazine brings readers the very best in contemporary architecture, interiors, furniture and products from around the world.
Work submitted in the AZ Awards competition must have been completed before 31 December 2016. Products must be prototyped or in production. Concepts must have been developed or presented for the first time in 2016.
The competition includes the following categories:
- Landscape Architecture
- Experiential Graphic Design
- A+ Award for Student Work
- Images: You may submit up to 20 images and/or drawings/renderings in jpg format, at least 300 dpi. Images must NOT contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
- Video: Entrants are encourages to share videos of their work that help to communicate the project. It is preferred that the video is shared via web link (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo), but will be accepted direct uploads in .mov, .mp4 or .mpg format with a file size less than 1 GB.
- Project Description: No more than 500 words including objectives and how they were met, design challenges, technological and/or material innovations, social and environmental impact. Project descriptions must NOT contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
- Project specs: No more than 300 words including dimensions, materials, fabrication techniques, manufacturing/building process.
All entrants may be considered for the Social Good Award and/or the Environmental Leadership Award.
A winner in each of these categories will be selected.
For the Social Good Award, projects must advance social equity and have a positive impact on the collective realm.
For the Environmental Leadership Award, projects must show sensitivity and respect for the use and management of natural resources throughout their lifecycle, especially with respect to materials and energy use.
Projects may be entered in one or both categories.
Each project is evaluated on its own merits according to the following criteria:
- Aesthetics: Is the design contemporary, visually and intellectually stimulating? Does it provoke curiosity, have the capacity to uplift spirits or simply delight?
- Function: How well does it serve its intended use? Does it effectively resolve problems?
- Creativity: Does it incorporate a unique approach, use a new medium or materials? Is it technologically innovative, forward-looking?
- Social and Environmental Responsibility: Does it make respectful use of materials and resources? Does it possess a long life span? Does it contain recycled materials and/or can it be recycled? Does it provide a social benefit?
The AZ Awards were established in 2011, as an international competition for the best architecture, landscape architecture and interior design projects as well as products, concepts and student work from around the world.
Early-Bird Fees for entries submitted by 1 February 2017, midnight EST are:
- A+ Award for Student Work: $35 per submission
- All other categories: $150 per submission for the first two submissions; $130 for each following submission
Regular Fees for entries submitted after 1 February
- A+ Award for Student Work: $45 per submission
- All other categories: $175 for the first submission; $150 for the second submission; $130 for the third+ submission
The AZ Awards is open to:
- Designers and design firms from all disciplines
- Architects, landscape architects and architectural firms
- Post-secondary students enrolled in design and architecture programs in 2016
- Clients and manufacturers