Building Trust international - Cool School: Design For An Extreme Climate Competition now is over!
Building Trust international - Cool School: Design For An Extreme Climate Competition: Building Trust International have just announced their 6th international design competition – Cool School – which seeks to find an innovative school design proposal that can withstand the extreme Mongolian winters. This design competition challenges architects, designers and engineers to provide a design solution which has the chance to shape the future of school buildings across cold regions globally.
How do you get to school if it’s minus 45 °C outside? How do you gain an education when your nearest school is 20 km away? Building Trust are asking you to help them design a "Cool School" for a community in Mongolia.
Environmental conditions, materials, space, comfort, accessibility, adaptability and aesthetics should be considered.
The aim of this design challenge is to:
- Encourage and reward design excellence at a small scale which integrates function, structure, details and the need for education.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing a school in a freezing climate with the constraints of the site.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Cool School: Design For An Extreme Climate Competition Registration Fees
Registration is free for anyone entering from a developing country! For everyone else, the following registration fees apply:
- Early-bird Registration : £50 (23rd January 2015 – 6th February 2015)
- Advance Registration : £75 (7th February 2015 – 27th February 2015)
- Final Registration: £100 (28th February 2015 – 6th March 2015)