[AC-CA] hopes to achieve the following through the DAKAR Temporary Cinema architectural competition:
- Encourage and reward design excellence which integrates function, structure and details.
- Analyze how the thoughtful development of the cinema within the surrounding neighborhood helps to create a livable community.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing a temporary structure.
- Build knowledge of design principles related to cultural development within an urban area.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
According to the Brief…
Dakar is the capital and largest city in Senegal. It is located on the Cap-Vert Peninsula on the Atlantic coast and is the western most city on the African mainland.
Cinematography is the art or science of motion picture photography. It is the technique of film photography, including both the shooting and development of the film.
Cinema: A film theatre (also refered to as movie house, film house, movie theater or picture house) is a venue, usually a building or desiginated space for viewing films for entertainment.
Today, downtown Dakar, a city of 2.5 million people, has almost no films theatres with many of the old theatre if not all closing their doors in the last decade.
Entry fees for this architecture competition are:
- Early Bird Registration: US $80 from 6 – 28 November 2014
- Standard Registration: US $100 from 29 November – 30 January 2015
- Late Registration: US $120 from 31 January – 27 February 2015
Submissions can be the work of an individual or a group up to 4 members and there is no age limit.
Winning participants in this single stage architecture competition will receive prizes totaling $6,000 of which $3,500 are reserved for the 1st prize.
In addition to the three main prizes, seven honorable mentions will be announced and the first three awarded projects will be published in ten relevant magazines.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://www.ac-ca.org/en/project12