• About •
EVolo Skyscraper Competition 2020, has been recently announced by eVolo Magazine and is pleased to invite architects, students, engineers, designers, and artists from around the globe to take part.
Established in 2006 and held annually ever since, it is one of the world’s most prestigious awards for high-rise architecture. The eVolo Skyscraper Competition recognizes outstanding ideas that redefine skyscraper design through the implementation of novel technologies, materials, programs, aesthetics, and spatial organizations along with studies on globalization, flexibility, adaptability, and the digital revolution.
The competition is an investigation on the public and private space and the role of the individual and the collective in the creation of a dynamic and adaptive vertical community. It is also a response to the exploration and adaptation of new habitats and territories based on a dynamic equilibrium between man and nature – a new kind of responsive and adaptive design capable of intelligent growth through the self-regulation of its own systems. Guidelines
There are no restrictions in regards to site, program or size. The objective is to provide maximum freedom to the participants to engage the project without constraints in the most creative way. What is a skyscraper in the 21st century? What are the historical, contextual, social, urban, and environmental responsibilities of these mega-structures?
1. Two boards with the project information including plans, sections, and perspectives. Participants are encouraged to submit all the information they consider necessary to explain their proposal. These boards should be 24″(h) X 48″(w) in HORIZONTAL format. The resolution of the boards must be 150 dpi, RGB mode and saved as JPG files. The upper right corner of each board must contain the participation number. There should not be any marks or any other form of identification.
2. A DOC file containing the project statement (600 words max).
3. A DOC file containing the entrants’ personal information.
This is a digital competition and no hardcopies are necessary. Participants may submit various projects, but must register each entry. There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are accepted. All submissions must be in digital format.
Winners and special mentions will be published by eVolo and several international print publications.
• Early Registration: USD $95 until 19 November 2019
• Late Registration: USD $135 from 20 November 2019 to 28 January 2020
• Eligibility •
Everyone is invited to participate, including students and professionals from any country worldwide.
• Prize •
A total of $8,000 will be awarded in 2020 to the best three projects.