Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts - ARCHITECTURE COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts is now open!
Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts is an annual architecture competition recently opened fo entries for 2018 this year with main focus on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments, invites all designers from around the world to submit their ideas.
Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts, an annual architecture competition organized by Laka Architektura an public arts initiative that seeks innovative ideas in architecture, design, and technology that are capable of reacting and dynamically adjusting to the conditions of the environment (either natural, social, or built), now accepting entries for the new edition inviting designers from around the world to submit their ideas.
Laka Architektura invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of “architecture that reacts”. The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments.
The subject of the competition is architectural, design, or technological solutions that are capable of dynamic interaction with their surroundings.
Listed below are some issues that explain the concept of “Architecture that Reacts”:
• an ability to respond to social, economic, or environmental changes
• a level of social and environmental engagement of the design
• a relationship to a specific social, natural, and built context
• a level of flexibility and adaptability of the design
• an innovative use of technology and sustainable systems
• a level of self-sufficiency of the design
Participants are strongly encouraged to look for the solutions not only in the definition of the “building” itself, but foremost to present the interdisciplinary approach which takes benefits from disciplines such as robotics, mechanics, digital fabrication, biodesign and biofabrication, computational design, materials science, bioarchitecture, social sciences, industrial design, mobility.
Participants may submit multiple projects, but each entry must be registered separately. There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are allowed. Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to join.
The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program.
Listed below are some highlighted issues that the jury will pay attention to:
• a properly indicated architectural, social, or environmental issue to solve
• an accurate analysis of the selected issue
• a properly chosen solution that “reacts” to the indicated issue Entry Fees are:
• Early Registration: $50
• Regular Registration: $75
• Late Registration: $100
This artchitecture competition invites architects, students, engineers, biologists, sociologists, designers, thinkers, companies, organizations, and everyone interested in the mission of the competition to submit their ideas. No professional qualifications are necessary.
Three main prizes and approximately ten honorable mentions will be selected for 2018.
1) Laureates of the main prizes will be
• awarded 1000 USD per team and
• invited to join the ‘Laka Perspectives’ book vol. 2.
2) Laureates of the main prizes and honorable mentions will be
• provided with feedback on their designs by selected experts from the Laka Accelerator,
• presented on Laka’s websites and promoted among Laka’s network of partners, and
• included in future Laka publications related to the competition.
Laureates of the main prizes will be invited to join the ‘Laka Perspectives’ book vol. 2 among such leaders as Toyo Ito (Laureate of the Pritzker Prize 2013 and UIA Gold Medal in 2017, Founder of Toyo Ito & Associates), Carlo Ratti (Director of the Senseable City Lab at MIT, Founder of Carlo Ratti Associati), Peter Kuczia (Founder of Kuczia Architects), Elizabeth Monoian and Robert Ferry (Founding Partners of Land Art Generator Initiative), and Kamil Łabanowicz (Team Leader at AUDI AG).
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://lakareacts.com/competition-2018/
Organizer: Laka Architektura
Category: ARCHITECTURE COMPETITION
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Listed by: InfoDesigners