Laka Competition 2018: Architecture that Reacts, an annual architecture competition organized by Laka Architektura an public arts initiative that seeks innovative ideas in architecture, design, and technology that are capable of reacting and dynamically adjusting to the conditions of the environment (either natural, social, or built), now accepting entries for the new edition inviting designers from around the world to submit their ideas.
Laka Architektura invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of “architecture that reacts”. The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments.
The subject of the competition is architectural, design, or technological solutions that are capable of dynamic interaction with their surroundings.
Listed below are some issues that explain the concept of “Architecture that Reacts”:
• an ability to respond to social, economic, or environmental changes
• a level of social and environmental engagement of the design
• a relationship to a specific social, natural, and built context
• a level of flexibility and adaptability of the design
• an innovative use of technology and sustainable systems
• a level of self-sufficiency of the design
Participants are strongly encouraged to look for the solutions not only in the definition of the “building” itself, but foremost to present the interdisciplinary approach which takes benefits from disciplines such as robotics, mechanics, digital fabrication, biodesign and biofabrication, computational design, materials science, bioarchitecture, social sciences, industrial design, mobility.
Participants may submit multiple projects, but each entry must be registered separately. There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are allowed. Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to join.
The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program.
Listed below are some highlighted issues that the jury will pay attention to:
• a properly indicated architectural, social, or environmental issue to solve
• an accurate analysis of the selected issue
• a properly chosen solution that “reacts” to the indicated issue
• Early Registration: $50
• Regular Registration: $75
• Late Registration: $100
Who can participate? ⇣
This artchitecture competition invites architects, students, engineers, biologists, sociologists, designers, thinkers, companies, organizations, and everyone interested in the mission of the competition to submit their ideas. No professional qualifications are necessary.