Laka Competition 2020 "Architecture that Reacts" - International Architecture competition
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Laka Competition 2020 Architecture that Reacts is an annual Architecture Competition recently opened fo entries, this year with main focus on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments, invites all designers from around the world to submit their ideas.
Laka Competition 2020 "Architecture that Reacts", an annual Architecture Competition organized by Laka Architektura an public arts initiative that seeks innovative ideas in architecture, design, and technology that are capable of reacting and dynamically adjusting to the conditions of the environment (either natural, social, or built), now accepting entries for the new edition inviting designers from around the world to submit their ideas.
Laka Architektura invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of “architecture that reacts”. The main focus of the competition is on the solutions that develop through a process of changes and adjustments. The submitted ideas should refer to the competition theme.
The subject of the competition is architectural, urban, technological, or product design that is capable of dynamic interaction with its social, natural, or built surroundings. Achieving such a goal requires an interdisciplinary approach that often goes beyond typical solutions. The participants are free to decide the project’s location, scale, size, and program. Listed below are some issues that explain the concept of “Architecture that Reacts”:
• an ability to respond to social, economic, or environmental changes
• a level of social and environmental engagement of the design
• a relationship to a specific social, natural, and built context
• a level of flexibility and adaptability of the design
• an innovative use of technology and sustainable systems
• a level of self-sufficiency of the design
Participants are strongly encouraged to look for the solutions not only in the definition of the “building” itself, but foremost to present the interdisciplinary approach which takes benefits from disciplines such as robotics, mechanics, digital fabrication, biodesign and biofabrication, computational design, materials science, bioarchitecture, social sciences, industrial design, mobility.
Participants may submit multiple projects, but each entry must be registered separately. There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are allowed. Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to join.
Listed below are some highlighted issues that the jury will pay attention to:
• a properly indicated architectural, social, or environmental issue to solve
• an accurate analysis of the selected issue
• a properly chosen solution that “reacts” to the indicated issue.
1. A single graphical board 24 inches (h) × 48 inches (w), named “Design.jpg”
2. A DOC file with the project statement (up to 500 words), named “Description.doc”
3. A DOC file with the participants’ personal information; named “Authors.doc.”
Save your submission as a ZIP file and send it via email (with “Laka Competition 2020 Entry” in the subject) to email@example.com.
Projects must be submitted in English.
The submission consists of the 3 following file:
• overall idea and implementation;
• an ability to respond to social, economic, or environmental changes;
• the design’s level of social and environmental engagement;
• a relationship to a specific social, natural, and built context;
• the design’s level of flexibility and adaptability;
• an innovative use of technology and sustainable systems;
• the design’s level of self-sufficiency.
The winners will be announced on February 1, 2020.
• Team of professionals: Early 100 USD; Regular 125 USD; Late 150 USD
• Individual professional: Early 75 USD; Regular 100 USD; Late 125 USD
• Team of students: Early 50 USD; Regular 75 USD; Late 100 USD
• Individual student: Early 25 USD; Regular 50 USD; Late 75 USD
Who can enter?
Laka invites everyone interested in the mission of the competition to submit their ideas.
Main prizes and honorable mentions will be selected. The winner for the year 2020 and the laureates of the main prizes will be awarded additional cash prizes and invited to present their projects during the 'Architecture in Foyer 2020' conference at the Solarlux Campus (Germany) on April 23–24, 2020. Laureates of all recognitions will be presented on Laka’s websites, promoted via Laka’s network of partners, and included in future publications related to the competition ‘Architecture that Reacts’.
For all further informations about the Laka Competition 2020 "Architecture that Reacts" visit the following official website: