| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Buildings of Excellence Competition - NYSERDA - International Architecture competition
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The Buildings of Excellence Competition for low carbon design and development has been recently launche by NYSERDA with aim to accelerate the design, development, construction and operation of very low or zero carbon emitting buildings.
The New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo recently has launched The Buildings of Excellence Competition, Architecture Competition aimed to accelerate the design, development, construction and operation of very low or zero carbon emitting buildings.
Buildings of Excellence recognizes visionary architects and developers who take the lead in achieving beautiful, low carbon buildings that improve our quality of life; and, most importantly, inspire the industry to follow their example to a low carbon future.
This competition will recognize and reward the design, construction, and operation of very low or zero carbon emitting multifamily buildings. NYSERDA - New York State Energy Research and Development Authority seeks proposals for projects that reduce their energy consumption and per capita carbon emissions in a manner which can be replicated at scale. These buildings are good for the environment, highly profitable, and will give businesses a competitive edge in the marketplace.
The competition accepts proposals for projects that are in any one of the four following statuses:
• early design,
• late design,
• under construction,
• post-completion performance optimization.
Proposers must demonstrate:
• how the project will generate interest in and demand for the construction of advanced clean energy buildings,
• their commitment to share information related to the project’s design, costs, and performance, which is expected to support decision-making processes employed to achieve the desired outcomes,
• architectural and urban design quality and innovation.
Proposers must also demonstrate how their projects provide superior financial benefits for owners, and provide attractive, healthy, safe, and otherwise outstanding living environments for occupants.
The competition intends to identify and select proposals for projects that demonstrate the greatest potential for success and replication.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
The Buildings of Excellence Competitionis open to all architects and developers who take the lead in achieving beautiful, low carbon buildings that improve our quality of life.
The followig prizes will be awarded:
• Early Design – up to $1,000,000 Projects in the schematic design or design development phase
• Late Design – up to $750,000 Design development is complete and the construction documents are being developed, but the building permit has not yet been issued
• Under Construction – up to $500,000 If the building permit has been issued, but the first Certificate of Occupancy, whether temporary or permanent, has not been issued
• Post-completion Performance Optimization – up to $250,000 Projects must show how additional proposed enhancements and/or optimizations demonstrate replicability and improve the living environment.
Moreover, selected projects will recive as well a support for initiatives focused on broad marketing and public awareness.
For all further informations about the Buildings of Excellence Competition - NYSERDA visit the following official website: