| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
A|N Best of Design Awards 2016 - International Architecture competition
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The Architect’s Newspaper 2016 is proud to announce its third annual Best Of Design Awards, a unique project-based awards, Architecture Competition, program that showcases great buildings and building elements.
All entrants of this Architecture Competition are invited to submit completed works in 18 categories that reflect A|N’s editorial coverage, as well as the interests and obsessions of our readers. From the winners of these categories, one will be chosen as Project of the Year.
The jury, composed of prominent architects and design professionals, will judge entries based on several criteria: strength of the presentation, evidence of innovation, creative use of new technology, sustainability, and, most importantly, good design.
You can choose between those 18 categories:
- BUILDING OF THE YEAR - The Architect’s Newspaper publishes four regional editions—East, West, Midwest, and Southwest. We’re seeking the best new building in each of these regions.
- ARCHITECTURAL MODELS - Whichever form is your favorite—virtual or analog, interior or exterior, landscaping or urban — show the world how you build, just at a smaller scale. Your model does not need to have come to fruition. All scaled architecture types are eligible.
- DIGITAL FABRICATIONS - We’re seeking the best architectural applications of building components. These can be digital fabrications or parametric designs.
- INTERIOR, RESIDENTIAL
- RESIDENTIAL,SINGLE FAMILY
- UNBILT - Any building project that got left behind or didn’t get it’s chance to see the light of day—a second or non-placing competition entry, a project for a client who decided to go another route, etc.—this category gives your projects in the drawers a second chance.
- ADAPTIVE REUSE
- BUILDING RENOVATION
- STUDENT WORK - Student WorkProjects that are built or unbuilt are eligible. Students must be in an accredited architectural school or graduated from their program with in the last academic year.
- URBAN DESIGN - Built or unbuilt, enter your design plans that focus on groupings of buildings, streets, and public spaces intended to create a more sustainable and functional city or neighborhood.
- ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING - This category includes all types of architectural lighting applications – interior or exterior;permanent or temporary installations. Judges will be looking for visually appealing projects with creative technical solutions.
- CIVIC INSTITUTIONS - This category is in pursuit of educational, academic, governmental, or social institutions whose design not only elevates, but also is central to the organization’s mission.
- RESIDENTIAL, MULTI-UNIT
- TEMPORARY INSTALLATION - Whether your installation is a site-specific exhibition or it created an entirely new site, enter your work that showcases materials, techniques, and invention.
- YOUNG ARCHITECTS AWARD - Emerging architects or firms often have the talent but don’t always get the glory. This category seeks to celebrate the work of young practices (10 years or less) or professionals (35 years of age or less). Show us your body of work—all project types are eligible.
In order for a project to be eligible for submission it must have been completed within one year's time of the submission deadline. Landscape projects must have been completed within two year's time of the submission deadline.
Entrants may submit as many projects in as many categories as they wish, but must register each individually and pay a separate registration fee for each submission.
Entry fees per submission are 125 USD for professionals and 40 USD for students.
Registration deadline is October 9, 2015 while submission deadline is November 2, 2015.
Who can enter?
This architecture competition is open to architects from all over the world, but projects submitted must be located within the United States.
Winners will be published in A|N’s Best Of Design feature, which will appear nationally in our January 2016 print issue. Winning projects will also be featured on our website, where they will reach national and international audiences, and will be promoted via social media. In addition to the winners, the jury will select two honorable mentions for each category, which will be featured as part of our online coverage. Winners will also receive a signed print from James Wines of SITE.
For all further informations about the A|N Best of Design Awards 2016 visit the following official website: