World Habitat Awards 2019 now is over!
World Habitat Awards 2019, architecture competition, organised in collaboration with UN-Habitat, has been recently opened for entries seeking for practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues worldwide.
Applications are now being accepted for architecture competition titled World Habitat Awards 2019 .World Habitat, in collaboration with UN-Habitat every year is looking for the world’s best housing solutions through the 2019 World Habitat Awards Competition.
This architecture competition is organised each year like contribution to the UN International Year of Shelter for the Homeless with goal to projects that provide practical, innovative solutions to current housing needs, with a particular focus on decent, affordable housing.
The World Habitat Awards recognize and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programs from across the world.
Eligible for entry are projects from around the world that focus on affordable and adequate housing, that are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years and project that have been designed and/or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/local community.
Housing projects and approaches are sought that:
• demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
• can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
• are already being implemented or are completed ie not at design stage or very early stages of development
• view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education.
Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
More than 1 entry can be made by the same individual or organisation.
Projects may be submitted in English, Spanish or French.
Entries to the 2019 competition can be made from 1 January 2019.
When they compare submissions we look at:
• Impact - What has the project achieved?
• Housing Rights - Has the project improved lives? Has it helped to meet the right to safe, secure housing, particularly for people with few choices?
• Innovation - What makes this project different? Is it doing pioneering work in a particularly challenging context, or using a new or little-used approach to housing?
• Sustainability - Is the project capable of continuing over the long term? Are the impacts of the project sustained after it has been completed? Does it consider how it works with the environment, people and society?
• Transferability - Can this idea or approach be used to solve similar problems elsewhere?
• Significance - Is this tackling an issue which is particularly current, urgent or neglected?
All entries will be assessed and up to 12 projects will be shortlisted by an assessment committee. These shortlisted projects will be then evaluated by an independent advisory group.
There is no entry fee to participate!
For further information about this competition please visit the official website.
No Entry FeeThere is no entry fee to participate!
The World Habitat Awards 2019 is open to any individual, organization or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.