14th Arte Laguna Prize 2019-2020 now is over!
14th Arte Laguna Prize 2019-2020: The 14th Arte Laguna Prize, the world’s most influential competition for emerging artists and designers, which showcases and promotes creative talents, now is opened for entries and accepting submissions from all parts of the world.
Arte Laguna srl, in partnership with the Cultural Association MoCA , organizes the 14th Edition of the International Arte Laguna Prize, accepting submissions from all parts of the world.
The aims of The Arte Laguna Prize is to promoting contemporary art and providing artists with professional development opportunities. It’s stands out in the global art scene for the variety of its partnerships and opportunities offered to artists, and is recognized worldwide as a real springboard for the artists’ career. Categories are:
• Painting - works made with technical and stylistic freedom (oil, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl, watercolor, graphite, pencil, collage, prints of different kind, etc.) on any support (canvas, paper, wood, plastics, iron, etc.). The maximum size allowed is 175 cm per side.
• Sculpture and installation - works created with any organic or inorganic material, which may include sounds, lights, videos and mechanical or electrical movements. The maximum size allowed is: base 4 meters, depth 4 meters, height 8 meters and there is no weight limit. Works that require a set-up in dark rooms must be adaptable to the available exhibition space.
• Photographic art - photographs on analog or digital support, photos which may include digital elaborations. The maximum size allowed is 175 cm per side.
• Video art and Short films - videos, films, slow motion, time-lapse photography or works made with animation techniques on any digital or analog support, cinematographic, promotional, or graphic computer short films. Maximum duration: 15 minutes. The video file must be uploaded online and not exceed 500 mb.
• Performance - performances made by one or more artists, using any technique, expressive form and support materials provided by the artist. Finalist artists will perform live during the opening night, in a version which does not exceed 10 minutes.
• Virtual art - works entirely created by using the computer or digital applications and devices: videos, installations, performances in which the use of digital media plays a key role in the creative process and content; net art, software, interactive devices, video games, augmented reality projects, rapid prototyping, etc. Works featuring an installation will have to be adaptable to the exhibition space available.
• Digital graphics - images and works generated or edited using a computer, tablet, smartphone, or applications including works of digital painting, gifs and photographs, where the technological intervention is predominant. Works of digital painting, gifs and photographs where manipulation is predominant are included. Finalist works will be set up on a monitor or printed on a two-dimensional support with a maximum size 175 cm per side.
• Environmental / Land Art - works or projects of environmental and land art in which the artistic intervention interacts with the environment it has been created for. There is no restrictions on the choice of the specific environment. The submitted works and projects submitted relate to nature and its features and more in general to the environment or the landscape in which they are placed. The finalist works will be exhibited with explication panels.
• Urban art - works or projects of urban art and enhancement, street art, graffiti and stencil arst, in which the artistic intervention interacts with the urban area and the public space it has been conceived for, using any technique (spray paint, artistic stickers, stencils, projections, videos, installations, etc.). There is no restrictions concerning the artistic intervention site. The finalist works will be exhibited with explication panels.
• Design - furniture or furnishing accessories that enrich the housing experience where the visual component is predominant. Finishes and outdoor furniture are included, whereas electrical appliances are not accepted. Finalist designers will have to present a full-scale prototype or a scale model of their project. The maximum size of the prototype should not exceed 100cm per side.
Each artist can participate also in more than one section by submitting a portfolio of works. Artworks may have been previously exhibited. The theme is free.
The jury will select the best applications from the ten disciplines in the competition, which will be on display at the Arsenale Nord in Venice.
The entry fee cost 100 Euro + 22% VAT per work. The fee is reduced to 80 Euro + 22% VAT per work for artists under the age of 25.
The prize is open to all Artists and Designers, with no restrictions of age, gender, nationality or any other qualifications.