The Japan Media Arts Festival, an global art festival and competition that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media, has been recently opened for entries in its 2020 edition!
The Japan Media Arts Festival honors outstanding works in four main divisions:
• Art - Works of art created with new media and digital technologies. Interactive art, media installations, video works, graphic art (digital illustration, digital photography, computer graphics, etc), web-based works, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment - Works for entertainment created with digital technologies. Games (video games, online games, etc.), video works (music videos, advertising videos, special effects videos, etc.), gadgets, electronics, websites, application software, etc.
• Animation - Animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
• Manga - Comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile), self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between October 6, 2018 and October 4, 2019. It is possible to submit a work that has been completed in the past but renewed or updated and freshly completed or released during this time frame.
While the number of entries made is unlimited, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions. The entrant must hold the copyright to the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity. In addition, Special Achievement Awards will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to individuals or groups who have made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
There is no entry fees to participate!
It's free to enter!
Entries are accepted from across the globe from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
• Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
• New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
Also, this year two new awards are added in order to praise various works as a festival showcasing the future:
• Social Impact Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
• U-18 Award: Certificate
Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://festival.j-mediaarts.jp/en/entry/entry-guidelines/