The Monsignor Sante Montanaro Foundation presents the 2nd edition of the national Award Don Sante for Contemporary Art aimed at the promotion and the enhancement of art in their territory, in remembrance of Don Sante, one of the most distinguished citizens of Casamassima, not only a historian but also an art, music and literature enthusiast.
The theme of this contest is ’From Light to Colour, seeking a ray of Beauty’.
...the main topic of the contest will be the artistic link between Light and Colour, inseparable and essential parts of the piece of art, whether is it visual, material, video, photographic or performative. With the term “light” we refer to a “physical entity” responsible for the excitement of the optic nerve; whether the light is natural or artificial, it is a key element of human life, being at the centre of all human activities, both economical and cultural. In physics, the term “colour”, which has ancient origins, refers to the light itself (monochromatic or polychromatic), but also to the physiological sensations caused by the effect of lights dissimilar in quality and composition. In common use, the word colour refers to the visual sensation obtained by observing a certain element in natural light. Submission requirements:
● Painting - pieces can be created in full stylistic and technical freedom (oil painting, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl-acrylic, watercolour, graphite, pencil, collage etc.). All works must be prepared for the exhibition and provided with their own hangers.
● Sculpture and installation - pieces can be created with any organic or inorganic material. It is possible to submit the work as a digital photographic project. In case the author of the installation is nominated to take part in the final exhibition, he must provide all the materials needed for the installation of the work itself and/or personally set it up.
● Photographic art - analogue photographs in b/w and in colour, digital photographs in b/w and in colour, digital elaborations in b/w and in colour. The work must be prepared for the exhibition and provided with their appropriate hangers.
● Video Art - works realized with any animation technique on any digital and analogue support and experimental films. All works, including opening and closing credits, must not be more than 15 minutes long. For the final exhibition, the original works are required to be transferred or saved on high quality DVDs and in compatible formats for the most popular reading tools.
● Performance - each artist or group of artists can participate with a performance created with any technique or form of expression, and with the aid of any support material provided by the artist. The documentation of the performance must be sent in a video or photographic format in order to allow the correct evaluation in the selection process. The finalists will be able to show their performance on the exhibition day within no more than 15 minutes. The performance documentation will be included as a part of the exhibition.
● Visual and Multimedia art - multimedia installations, entirely computer-made works, 3D graphics, virtual installations, net art. Cross-cutting projects revolving around the theme, that make use of multiple media are also accepted.
Each participant can take part with only 1 artwork, published or unpublished.
The winner will be proclaimed during the prize-giving ceremony, on the exhibition’s final event that will be launched on the 8th of September 2020. The launching date is not accidental, in fact it commemorates the date of birth of Monsignor Sante Montanaro. The exhibition will take place where the Foundation has its office, Palazzo Monacelle, Casamassima (Ba), Italy.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The 2nd Award Don Sante for Contemporary Art is open to all artists, regardless of their age, gender, nationality or qualification.