Applied Arts Student Awards 2019 - InternationalArt competitionS FOR STUDENTS
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
The Call for artists is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Applied Arts Student Awards 2019, organised by Applied Arts Magazine, the largest and most respected show of its kind in North America once again is announced and dedicate to post-secondary and high school students in creative advertising, graphic design, interactive media, photography and illustration programs.
Organised by Applied Arts Magazine, Applied Arts Student Awards 2019, has been recently announced for entries and is open worldwide to post-secondary and high school students in creative advertising, graphic design, interactive media, photography and illustration programs.
This is the largest and most respected show and Art Awards for students of its kind in North America.
Winning an Applied Arts Student Award is a great way to launch your career. Your submissions will be judged by of a jury of 12 award-winning senior communications professionals, so you'll know how your work stands up according to the highest standards in the industry. What makes Applied Arts Awards unique is that winners are not ranked against each other. Each entry is judged individually and independently by each jury member. Work is given a score of 1 to 10, and all pieces that are judged to be at or above the cut-off score will be published as winners in the Awards Annual.
Entries can be submitted in five main categories:
• Photography & Illustration
• High School
• Single: One piece |Series: Up to 3 pieces from the same project, unless indicated otherwise
• Complete Single: Up to 9 images from 1 book/publication, etc., preferably in 1 multi-page PDF.
• Complete Series: Up to 3 books/publications, etc.
• Campaign: Up to 9 pieces from an entire campaign.
High-school students may only apply to the high-school categories. The rest of the categories are for post-secondary students.
All entries are submitted digitally. There are no hard copy submissions.
Any work completed as a school requirement or work completed independently during the course of your studies is eligible for entry. And even if you graduated within the last year and the work that you are interested in submitting to the Student Awards 2019 was not submitted to last year's Student Awards, then you are still eligible to enter. Instructors can make group submission on behalf of their students.
Early bird deadline is June 7, 2019 and final deadline is June 14, 2019.
Entries are given one total score, based on three criteria only:
• Creative merit
• Technical excellence
• Suitability for end use in the category into which it is entered
Each competition is judged by a different and independent jury of award-winning creative pro-fessionals. All entrants will be notified in July 2019 via email. At that time, those selected as winning entrants will be required to submit high-res digital files for reproduction in the Student Awards Annual. Winners’ certificates will be mailed separately after the Student annual is published.
Entry fees start from $20 and very depends of the categories.
Who can enter?
The Applied Arts Student Awards 2019 is international and open to post-secondary and high-school students.
Winners will receive:
• Their work published in print in the Summer 2019 issue
• A complimentary copy of the Summer 2019 issue
• Their work published online in the Winners’ Gallery and Awards Archive
• Digital tear sheets of their work
• Their work displayed at related Applied Arts events
• A personalized, embossed awards certificate for every winning entry signed by noted designer Georges Haroutiun, the founder of Applied Arts
For all further informations about the Applied Arts Student Awards 2019 visit the following official website: