The international law firm Ashurst and Oaktree & Tiger announce the launch of the 5th Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize 2019, a major global prize searching for the most exciting emerging artists, across all ages, backgrounds and countries.
The Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize was founded in 2014 with the main aim to find artists that show significant potential, interesting ideas, a relevant message and skillful execution.
This year the prize launch a "New Media Award" open to artists who use technology within their practice.
• A maximum of 5 artworks per artist may be entered into the competition. Only 1 image of each work must be submitted.
• Paintings, drawings, original prints, photography, sculptures, digitally produced artworks and mixed media constructions are accepted. Performance art is not accepted in this competition.
• They are open to work that encompasses moving images, mobile apps, interactive installations, and sound art. If you are unsure of whether your work is eligible please contact organiser directly on email@example.com
• Each artwork (including if made of several pieces, e.g. diptychs/triptychs) must not exceed a total of 275cm x 275cm (including the frame) and must not project more than 50cm from the wall. If a sculpture, it can be up to 275cm x 275cm x 200cm. For video and sound art, you can submit a file of no more than 100Mb in size for the judging process, but they can use much larger files for exhibiting.
• If you are submitting a new media artwork then you need to submit a photo that represents it. It should be less than 100Mb for judging purposes.
• All work submitted must be available for sale.
The Ashurst Emerging Artist Prize 2019 will be awarded to artists that show significant potential, interesting ideas, a relevant message and skillful execution.
Judging will take place and the winners announced in July 2019. Shortlisted artworks will be available for collection in August 2019. The winners will be invited to curate, with the support of the organisers, an exhibition of their artworks in the Ashurst Emerging Artists Gallery in London and HQ for 12th August to 28th December 2019.
Entry Fee is £20 for first artwork, then £10 per additional artwork, up to a maximum 5 artworks.
Who can participate? ⇣
There is no restriction on the artist regarding age, training or nationality. You may enter from any country, and can be based in any country.