After the success of last year, Carapelli is pleased to announce the 2nd edition of isual arts competition, Carapelli For Art, prize for visual arts aimed at supporting and promoting contemporary art. This year the prize extends internationally involving Italy, England, France and the United States.
The theme of this second edition is: "Blending".
The union between the varieties that leads to new value aims to underline the ability of art to harmonize what is different, in many different ways: from the formal and conceptual to the relationship with the public, to the way in which the artwork is received in society and can act, directly or indirectly, on it. The artists are invited to interpret the current theme with their own research, through new or existing artworks that refer to it. Categories:
• Open category - reserved for all professional artists;
• Category Academy - reserved for students enrolled at the Academies of Fine Arts.
Entries can be either new pieces or previous artworks, as long as these have notbeen entered in other competitions.
Entries can be realized using any technique and materials.
Application must be upload in the dedicated section of the website www.carapelliforart.it with following information:
• CV in English or Italian.
• Name, surname, city, phone number, email
•Description and summary of the artwork (maximum of 500 words)
• A maximum of 5 images of the entry (maximum 3MB each). Videos may be sent in using a YouTube or Vimeo link. Each link counts as one imageEntrants must declare if they are entering the “Open” or “Academy” category; in the latter case, they must attach a document attesting to their enrolment in and detailsof their Academy of Fine Arts.
The jury will evaluate the artwork and select the winners in the two categories between 15th July - 31st August. Winners will be notified from the
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The Carapelli for Art 2019 award is open to all artists of any nationality working in the fields of painting, photography, sculpture, installation and video art and to the students of Academies of Fine Arts.
There are two prize categories, with a total of €12.000 in prize money:
• “Open” category for all artists. For the twowinners of thiscategory Carapelli Firenze S.p.A. will acquire the selected artworks with an amount of € 5.000 each.
• “Academy” category for students enrolled at Academies of Fine Arts. Twoselected students will be awarded with a prize of € 1.000 each
Furthermpre, the winning works will be acquired in the Carapelli art collection and enhanced through exhibitions over time.