Embracing Our Differences 2021 Exhibition Competition now is over!
Embracing Our Differences, juried annual art exhibition and competition, recently has announce the new call for entries for 2021, inviting once again all artists to participate and embrace diversity and celebrate individuality.
Embracing Our Differences is an annual art exhibition and competition, recently announced for entries in its 2021 edition inviting all artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, teachers and students to partecipate creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated.
The mission of Embracing Our Differences is to use the arts as a catalyst for creating awareness and promoting, throughout their communities, the value of diversity, the benefits of inclusion and the significance of the active rejection of hatred and prejudice.
Embracing Our Differences’ annual international outdoor juried art exhibition features billboard-size images and is displayed during April and May each year in Island Park along Sarasota’s bayfront in Southwest Florida.
• all submissions must be an original concept and execution.
• your work may be any size and in any medium. However, you must create or scan and submit it as a digital file (JPG, TIFF, PDF, PSD, EPS, GIF, PNG, or AI). Your digital art must measure exactly 12.8” (325.12 mm) wide by 8.8” (223.52 mm) high. Art must have a horizontal orientation.
• the digital copy of your art which is submitted should have the highest resolution possible and at a minimum no less than 300 dpi. A resolution of
• a separate sheet of paper with a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
• there is no limit to the number of pieces of art you may submit. You may also submit works of art previously submitted to other competitions or to past Embracing Our Differences competitions.
Final selections for inclusion in the exhibit will be made by a three-judge panel of professional artists, curators and art professionals based on artistic excellence and
Judges will also consider:
• How effective the art will read when enlarged to billboard size (16 feet (4.9 m) wide by 12.5 feet (3.8 m) high) and displayed outdoors.
• Is the theme clear and easily understood?
• Does the art explore the theme in an unusual or previously unexplored manner?
• Will the art and its message prompt discussion?
The winning artworks combine a deep understanding of both medium and message.
Featuring 50 billboard-size images, each work of art is created by local, national and international artists reflecting their interpretation of their theme
The 2020 exhibit will be on display January 18 - April 5, 2020 at Bayfront Park in downtown Sarasota.
There is no entry fee for to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, students are all invited to submit their interpretation of the theme “enriching lives through diversity”.