GICB2019 Gyeonggi International Competition (International Ceramic Biennale) now is over!
GICB2019 International Art Competition organized by Korea Ceramic Foundation (KOCEF) and takeing a part of Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale 2019 has been recently announced celebrating its 10th edition, invites all artists around the world to take part.
Korea Ceramic Foundation (KOCEF) is hosting the Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale 2019(GICB2019) Korea at three venues - Icheon, Yeoju and Gwangju in Gyeonggi-do from Aug 2 to Nov 10, 2019.
GICB2019 is now commencing with the announcement of entry requirements for the international art competition, one of the main parts for the GICB.
This art competition calls for the artists that mirror the modern trends and point to the future of the ceramic arts from October 1 to31, 2018.
The GICB aims to establish a platform dedicated to promoting communication and exchanges between artists and the public. The upcoming biennale will present diverse programs such as the academic symposium and workshop in a comprehensive, multitiered format within the framework of the international competition, as opposed to the past in which the biennale hosted programs individually.
The GICB International Competition 2019 as an exhibition is a gateway for newly emerging artists to acquire a presence in the global art scene – will offer diversified support programs that will help artists expand their world view. It will continue to retain its tradition as a “competition,” though with improvements in institutional arrangements including application conditions, exhibition format, screening criteria, and support programs, yet simultaneously aim to present a new paradigm for art events, as an “international exhibition” leading the trends in ceramics and an “art forum” bringing together workshops, performances, and seminars.
There are two categories:
• Ceramics as Expression
- Creative artworks, including sculptural works, objects, or installation works, that can be displayed indoors
- Video (Film), sound, performance, or viewer-participating works with clay (ceramics) as subject matter
• Ceramics for Use
- Ceramic works in the form of a vessel, even if they were produced as artworks and do not serve any practical function, are categorized as “Ceramics for Use”
- Creative ceramic works with practical functions or design elements
※ Including tableware, teaware, lighting, accessories, and home décor objects
Artist profile, exhibition proposal, portfolio (10 images; format: JPG; resolution: 300 pixel or above; artist’s statement), exhibition floor plan, installation guidelines
• Applicants must submit a portfolio with works created within the past three years.
• Portfolio must include at least one entry that are available for exhibition.
• These one entry shall not have previously received an award in another competition, either domestic or international.
• Detail images of works may be submitted, but they will not count toward the total number of entries in the portfolio (max. 10).
• Video and media art entries must be submitted through the online application website with still-cut images and original files.
• Entries involving sound media must be submitted through the online application website with original files and mark that it is a sound media.
• Exhibition space of each individual artist shall be no larger than 500cm (w), 500cm (l), 250cm (h).
Applicants may apply as an individual or as a team (One team is equivalent to one individual applicant).
All documents and the proceeding shall be in Korean and English.
No more than 300 artists will be selected (for online exhibition) through screening of portfolios by a jury comprised of experts from both Korea and abroad and no more than 40 artists will be selected (for offline exhibition) through screening of portfolios by jury comprised of experts from both Korea and abroad.
A total of 7 main nominees will be selected by experts from both Korea and abroad and the general public during the exhibition period.
Announcement of results is scheduled for December 14 (Fri), 2018.
Exhibition will be held from August 2 – November 10, 2019 at 2, 3 Gallery, Icheon World Ceramic Center.
There is no entry fees for this art competition!
Who can participate? ⇣
Artists from all parts of the world are welcome to submit works, both artistic and practical, made from clay (ceramics) or made with the theme of clay (ceramics). There are neither age nor nationality restrictions.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!