| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
The Hopper Prize 2018 - International Art competition
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The Hopper Prize is a grant-making institution and digital archiving platform committed to supporting artists from diverse cultural backgrounds at all stages of their professional careers, has been recently opened the call for artist in its 2018 edition.
The Hopper Prize 2018 is an bi-annual call for entries, established to increase recognition of the work of visual artists, recently opened for entries inviting any artist to take a part with no restrictions on media. This competition seeking to advance the careers of visual artists by providing unrestricted financial support in the form of individual artist grants.
The Hopper Prize seeks to create new relationships between artists, curators, writers, and collectors in addition to providing unrestricted cash awards to artists. Their primary objective is to make it possible for artists to fully realize their creative expression while reaching new curatorial audiences, collectors, writers, and advisors. Support from The Hopper Prize makes it possible for artists to fully realize their creative expression while reaching new curatorial audiences, collectors, writers, and advisors.
In a time when many sources of direct funding for individual artists have been reduced or eliminated, The Hopper Prize offers artists direct, unrestricted financial assistance. This organization awards 10 grants annually. Winning artists are selected through an open call for proposals. The Hopper Prize is a merit based grant. Winners are chosen based on the quality of their work. Awardees are selected by guest jurors holding prominent curatorial positions at major institutions.
The Prize accepts entries in all media:
• There are no restrictions on media, the awards are open to all artists and to collaborative teams.
• Use the online form to upload JPGs of your work. You will have the option to include title, date, medium, and size for all work submitted. An artist statement and biography is optional.
• JPG files should not exceed 1920 pixels on their longest dimension. Individual image files should not exceed 1 megabyte.
• If you are submitting video art or documentation of performance art, upload a single frame JPG as a cover image, then use the indicated field to enter a URL to a video hosting service such as Youtube or Vimeo.
The Hopper Prize 2018 selection panel is composed of leading international contemporary art curators. Up to 30 artists will be selected and will have their work archived at hopperprize.org. Recipients are chosen based on the quality of their work.
Winners will be announced in February.
Entry fee starts at 40 USD.
Who can enter?
The Hopper Prize 2018 welcome applications from artists of all ages and experience levels working in any and all discipline.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• 5 artists will each receive 1,000 USD in unrestricted grant awards
• 30 artists will have their work archived at hopperprize.org
• Early applications will be considered for Instagram artist features @hopperprize
Winners may use their grants for any purpose, there are no restrictions.
For all further informations about the The Hopper Prize 2018 visit the following official website: