| by InfoDesigners
The winners have been announced on
Art competition titled Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Fine Arts 2017
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Link: Official Website
Applications are now open for the 2017 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise, which for this cycle are awarded in the fields of fine arts.
The Creative Promise Prizes were established in 2009 to honor young immigrants who have demonstrated exceptional achievement early in their careers.
Artists practicing in a variety of media such as painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, and other visual arts processes are eligible.
A panel of distinguished members of the fine arts community will evaluate each application based on its quality, level of creativity, clarity of vision, and impact. The submitted work samples would have to show curiosity, originality, technical excellence, and potential for longevity within the field. The individuals chosen will have demonstrated commitment to their chosen field.
The prize winners selected by the jury will be the candidates whose work best exemplifies the characteristics outlined above. Recommendations of the jury will be submitted to the Vilcek Foundation’s Board of Directors for final approval.
The winners of the Creative Promise Prize in Fine Arts will be notified by November 2016 and will be invited to attend the Vilcek Foundation’s annual awards ceremony in New York City, in the spring of 2017. Travel expenses and accommodations will be covered by the foundation.
To be eligible for the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Fine Arts, applicants must meet all of the criteria listed below:
1. Applicant must have been born outside the United States.
2. Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2016 (born on or after January 1, 1978).
• be a naturalized citizen of the United States;
• or be a permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States;
• or be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years;
• or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
4. Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
5. Applicant must not be enrolled in a school.
6. Applicant must not be a
The Vilcek Foundation will award three prizes of $50,000 each to young artists who demonstrate outstanding early achievement.
For all further informations about the competition Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Fine Arts 2017 or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!