| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards 2019 - International Art competition
This competition has expired on
The Call for artists is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards calling for artist, an open competition for contemporary visual art recently opened for entries invites all artists working in painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, photography, installation or video to participate.
The Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards is an international open competition for contemporary visual arts which has already established a strong presence in the London art world and which is drawing artists from places as diverse as Australia, Azerbaijan, India, Italy, Korea, Japan and the United States.
The WAC Awards aims to stimulate debate, challenge and provoke, pushing the boundaries of the visual arts scene both nationally and internationally.
Artists may enter up to 4 works.
Entries can be any medium like painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, photography, installation or video. Organiser regret that they cannot exhibit digital work unless all necessary equipment is provided by the artist (for example: monitors, screens, DVD players, headphones etc).
There is no restriction on the size of work.
A panel of distinguished artists will form the selection panel. The 2019 shortlisted works will be exhibited at an exciting new venue, Wells Cathedral, set in the medieval heart of England’s smallest city. The exhibition will take place from 20 July – 11 August 2019, and those selected will be eligible for a wide range of awards which include a cash prize, exhibition prizes and professional development opportunities.
Entry Fee is £15 per work or £12 per work for current students.
Who can enter?
The Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards is open to all artists aged 18 and over based in the UK or internationally.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• RK Harrison Award: £2,000 awarded to one artist
• JGM Gallery Exhibition Prize: up to 4 artists, including international artists, will be selected to take part in an exhibition in 2020 at the JGM Gallery in the heart of London.
• Parker Harris Mentoring Prize: Parker Harris will give a one-to-one mentoring session covering all aspects of professional development to a selected artist.
• ChubbBulleid People’s Prize: Selected by visitors to the exhibition.
• Next Generation Art Prize: Andelli Art is proud to offer the "Next Generation Art Prize", recognising and supporting the talents of an artist up to 30 years of age. The prize consists of a two week solo exhibition at the gallery, including a private view and social media support. Mentoring and advice on working with galleries, curation and artistic development will also be offered.
For all further informations about the Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards 2019 visit the following official website: