Wildlife Artist Of The Year Competition 2019 - ART COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Artists titled Wildlife Artist Of The Year Competition 2019 is now open!
Wildlife Artist Of The Year Competition 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this art competition:
The (WAY) Wildlife Artist Of The Year Competition 2019, Art Competition organised by David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation has been recently opened for entries and like every year welcomes entries from around the world in all artistic media.
The David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation welcomes entries from around the world in all artistic media for its (WAY) Wildlife Artist of the Year Competition 2019. Now in its 12th edition, this event is one of the most important in the wildlife art calendar.
Entries must correspond to one of the seven categories:
• Earth’s Wild Beauty: Open to art illustrating wild landscapes, seascapes and the people who live in these environments or work to protect them.
• Animal Behaviour: Open to art which shows a real understanding of animal behaviour and a sense of character.
• Into the Blue: Art illustrating the wonderful world of water, be it ocean, seashore, wetland, river or stream. The Derek Frances Award.
• Urban Wildlife: Entries in an urban style or depicting the city life of animals and plants. Judges are looking for both originality in the habitat as well as the contrast between wild and urban life.
• Vanishing Fast (Sponsored by Martin & Emma Leuw): Art showing our vanishing world. It can be any species officially listed as endangered or threatened on the IUCN Red List – or any a landscape that is at risk.
• Wings: Art showing the extraordinary variety of winged wildlife – birds and insects, in flight or at rest. Sponsored by Barlow Robbins
• Human Impact: A new category, open to young artists aged between 17 and 25 years. Judges are looking for dynamic and political depictions of the consequences human life has had on earth’s wildlife.
All categories cover all mediums, including sculpture and original prints (excluding photography and film and electronically created artwork).
Entries will be accepted as high res (300dpi) jpegs entered online at www.davidshepherd.org from October 2018 or by post using the postal entry form. For on-line entry please ensure the file size is 2200 pixels on the smallest side and no larger than 6MB. You must give your file an easily identifiable name – they require that you use your surname followed by the title of the artwork. To enter on-line you must have your image ready to upload. If you are entering by post please ensure you have completed and signed the entry form and enclosed your cheque, payable to DSWF, together with your image. It is recommended that you send a high res (300dpi) jpeg image - 2200 pixels on its smallest side, on CD. For 3D entries include as many different angles as possible.
• It will be accepted any medium, excluding photography.
• You can enter as many times as you like and to as many categories as you would like.
• Entries must be work completed within the last five years by the entrants themselves and must be their own original work. Work completed before 18th February 2014 cannot be entered. The artist must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered, artists using exact reference from another professional artist or photographer will need permission from the copyright owner. Source material and proof of permission to use must be made available on request by the judges.
Entries may be submitted from 10th October 2018 until the closing date 18th February 2019.
The judges are looking for not only beautifully executed original artworks but also an imaginative interpretation, moving away from the purely photographic to compositions with great characterization, showing imagination, originality and genuine creativity. Copyright will remain with the artist.
Once submissions close, entries will be narrowed down by acclaimed panel of judges to a final shortlist. All shortlisted submissions will then be exhibited for sale at the DSWF Wildlife Artist of the Year 2019 held in London. As agreed upon entry, all sales of shortlisted artworks are divided between the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation and the Artist. Overall and Category winners will be announced on opening night.
• £25 or £10 for Members of DSWF
• £10 for those aged 17 – 25 entering the Human Impact category
The Wildlife Artist Of The Year Competition 2019 is open to amateur and professional artists aged 17 and over and welcomes all traditional artistic mediums (excluding digital and photography).
The following prizes will be awarded:
• 1st prize: £10,000
• 2nd prize: £1,000
• Remaining Category Winners: £500 each
Judging will take place in three stages. Proceeds from the sale of works exhibited at the exhibition are to be split 50/50 for sales made for the duration of the exhibition and for one month after. Thereafter, any sales made as a result of the continued promotion of the piece by DSWF will be split 70% artist and 30% DSWF.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the Wildlife Artist Of The Year Competition 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://davidshepherd.org/art/wildlife-artist-year/details-of-entry
Category: ART COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
Listed by: InfoDesigners