FAI Young Artists Contest 2018 now is over!
The FAI Young Artists Contest, an international annual art contest for youngsters between the ages of 6 and 17, has been recently opened for entries for 2018 themed ’Flying in the future’.
If you have ever dreamed of flying or built a paper airplane, you have walked in the footsteps of the men and women who created the world of aviation as we know it today. Ideas were written on paper.
Wooden and cloth models were built to test the designs before the actual balloons, gliders, and planes were built and tested by brave men and women in the air.
What new innovations and ideas will shape the aviation of the future? From hang gliders and parachutists, to drone pilots and citizen astronauts, the only limit to the future of flight is the imagination of builders, dreamers and pilots of today.
It’s time to tap into your own imagination, grab your favorite set of crayons, markers, pencils, or paints and create a poster for this year’s Fédération Aéronautique Internationale’s theme, "Flight into the Future". Show us your vision of what can happen when people work together and follow their passion for flight.
The FAI is particularly concerned with all forms of sporting and recreational aviation, including:
• HANG - GLIDING and PARAGLIDING
• MICROLIGHT / ULTRALIGHT FLYING
• MODEL AIRCRAFT
• LIGHT AIRCRAFT
• HELICOPTER FLYING
• SPACE WORLD RECORDS
• The required format is A3 (297 x 420 mm or 11 3/4 X 16 ½ inches) or, if this is unobtainable in your country, the nearest possible equivalent.
• Artwork must not be framed or outlined with borders.
• Medium: All artwork must be done by hand (or, in the case of handicapped children, by foot or mouth).
• There is no need for a title on the poster and entrants can decide for themselves whether or not to
• include one; however there should be a clearly recognisable link to the theme of the contest.
Any of the following media are permitted:
• Oil paint
• Indelible marker pens
• Felt-tip pens
• Soft ball-point pens
• Indelible ink
• Crayola, or any similar indelible medium
The following media are NOT permitted:
• No pencil, charcoal or other non-permanent medium may be used.
• No computer-generated artwork is permitted.
• No collage work involving the use of photocopies is permitted.
Entries will be judged in 3 classes:
Junior Category (Date of birth between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2011).
Intermediate Category (Date of birth between 1 January 2004 and 31 December 2007).
Senior Category (Date of birth between 1 January 2000 and 31 December 200)
All entries must be sent to Your Organising FAI Member Country and not direct to the FAI.
Entries will be judged by an International Jury. The FAI delegates from the countries concerned will be responsible for arranging a suitable occasion for the presentation of the awards.
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
All children in the age groups shown below are encouraged to participate in the Contest, even if they are related to officials or employees of the FAI or any of its member organisations. Participation in the National contests is limited to residents of that country.