The FL3TCH3R Exhibit 2018 - ART CONTEST
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Artists titled The FL3TCH3R Exhibit 2018 is now open!
The FL3TCH3R Exhibit 2018
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The FL3TCH3R Exhibit, an annual multi-national juried exhibition and art contest focused on socially and politically engaged art, has been recently opened for entries for 2018 inviting all artists and designers worldwide to partecipate.
The FL3TCH3R Exhibit is an annual multi-national juried exhibition and art contest focused on socially and politically engaged art. Socially and politically engaged art has been integral in creative expression since the beginning of visual arts. This exhibition explores the current trends and trajectory in this field and these collective creative works hopefully serve as an avenue or agent for societal transformation and exposure of social and political points of view.
The goal of this art contest is to recognise and advance this endeavour by providing a venue for the exhibition of socially and politically engaged art. Furthermore, the exhibit's proceeds after expenses will fund the Fletcher H. Dyer Memorial Scholarship for an art and design student.
The theme of the FL3TCH3R Exhibit is focused on work with strong social and political content. Work entered in the exhibit should reflect current issues that affect contemporary culture and investigate societal and political concerns. Diverse media and approach to the theme are encouraged.
• All 2D, 3D, performance/installation (via video), sound/audio, and film/video art are eligible. Specific categories include: Ceramics, Digital, Fiber, Glass, Graphic Design, Jewelry/Metals, Mixed Media (2D), Mixed Media (3D), Painting (All), Performance/Installation (via video), Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Sound/Audio, Video/Film, Medical/Healthcare Professionals’ submissions in any category, & other.
• Due to space and logistical considerations, large-scale and complicated installation is not encouraged. Work using materials that are hazardous to the health and safety of the public will be disqualified.
• Work must not exceed 6 ft. in any direction and must preferably weigh under 30 lbs.
• Please state dimensions in Height (inches) x Width (inches) x Depth (inches) OR H” x W” x D”.
• Accepted Entrants must include detailed installation instructions as well as detailed return packing/shipping instructions (otherwise artist is responsible for any damage during packing and shipment). All 2D work must be ready for hanging.
• Acrylic glaze is required for framed work, please do not submit work framed with glass nor packed with ‘packing peanuts’.
• All 3D work must have stable base and installation instructions.
• Digital images must not exceed 300MB including film (ONLINE, EMAIL, or USPS).
• Video art should not exceed 15 minutes running time. NOTE: If an interactive device is incorporated into an artwork and it malfunctions after receipt of work and/or during the exhibit, the FL3TCH3R Exhibit nor the Reece Museum will be responsible for malfunction or damage.
Juror for this edition is David Carson, the most Googled graphic designer in history and has been named the art director of the era by Creative Review, London.
The FL3TCH3R Exhibit will take a place on Reece Museum, accredited by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), on the campus of East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN from Octobre 8 until Dicembre 14, 2018.
All works need to be submit untile August 22, 2018 and required entry fee is 40 USD (for 3 entries/art works). Additional works may be submitted for 10 USD each. If you submit from August 23-31 entry fee will cost 45 USD.
This art contest is open to all artists and designers 18 years of age and older residing in the United States or any other country as long as entry fee is paid in U.S. dollars. All work must be original.
There will be five main cash awards:
• Best of Show: 300 USD
• 2 Awards of Excellence: 100 USD each
• Sammie L. Nicely Appalachian Artist Award: 100 USD
• Reece Museum Award: 100 USD
• Healthcare & the Arts Award: 100 USD
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition The FL3TCH3R Exhibit 2018 or to submit your works visit the following official website: http://www.fl3tch3rexhibit.com/index.html
Category: ART CONTEST
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: The FL3TCH3R Exhibt
Listed by: InfoDesigners