22nd Japan Media Arts Festival 2019 - ART FESTIVAL
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled 22nd Japan Media Arts Festival 2019 is now open!
22nd Japan Media Arts Festival 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this art festival:
Japan Media Arts Festival, an open call for artists and comprehensive global Art Festival that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media, has been recently opened for entries for 2019 waiting for the submission from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
An global Art Festival that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media titled Japan Media Arts Festival has been recently opened for entries in its 2019 edition waiting for the submission from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
Japan Media Arts Festival Since its inception in 1997, the festival has recognized significant works of high artistry and creativity, and in addition to a yearly Exhibition of Award-Winning Works, has held other events, such as symposiums, screenings, and showcases.
The Japan Media Arts Festival is a comprehensive festival of Media Arts that honors outstanding works in four main divisions:
• Art - Works of art created with new media and digital technologies. Interactive art, media installations, video works, graphic art (digital illustration, digital photography, computer graphics, etc), web-based works, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment - Works for entertainment created with digital technologies. Games (video games, online games, etc.), video works (music videos, advertising videos, special effects videos, etc.), gadgets, electronics, websites, application software, etc.
• Animation - Animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
• Manga - Comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile), self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between October 6, 2017 and October 5, 2018. It is possible to submit a work that has been completed in the past but renewed or updated and freshly completed or released during this time frame.
While the number of entries made is unlimited, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions. The entrant must hold the copyright to the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
The copyright to award-winning works remains with the entrant.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity. In addition, Special Achievement Awards will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to individuals or groups who have made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
There is no entry fees to participate.
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
Entries are accepted from across the globe from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
For each division, Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity.
• Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen (approx. 9,019 USD)
• Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
• New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
In addition, Special Achievement Award will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to an individual or group who has made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the 22nd Japan Media Arts Festival 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: http://festival.j-mediaarts.jp/en/
Category: ART FESTIVAL
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: Japan Media Arts Festival
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners