21st Japan Media Arts Festival - International Art festival
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
This competition has expired on
The Call for artists is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: An global Art Festival that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media titled Japan Media Arts Festival has been recently opened for entries in its 2018 edition waiting for the submission from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
For the 21st Art Festival in 2017, entries will be accepted from across the globe.
Entries are sought in various disciplines of the Media Arts including interactive art, video, websites, games, animation and comics, from professional, amateur, independent and commercial sources.
The festival gives awards in each of its four divisions: :
• Art - Works of art created with new media and digital technologies. Interactive art, media installations, video works, graphic art (digital illustration, digital photography, computer graphics, etc), web-based works, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment - Works for entertainment created with digital technologies. Games (video games, online games, etc.), video works (music videos, advertising videos, special effects videos, etc.), gadgets, electronics, websites, application software, etc.
• Animation - Animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
• Manga - Comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile), self-published comics, etc. Eligible are works completed or exhibited within a year before the deadline (10 September 2016 – 5 October 2017).
While the number of entries made is unlimited, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions. The entrant must hold the copyright to the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
Submited works must be completed or released between September 10, 2016 and October 5, 2017. It is possible to submit a work that has been completed in the past but renewed or updated and freshly completed or released during this time frame.
The copyright to award-winning works remains with the entrant.
From each division, the jury committee will select winners of the Grand Prizes, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards. All awards, including Special Achievement Awards and Jury Selections, will be announced in March 2018.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
This festival is open to all artists around the world, without distinction as to professional, amateur, independent, or commercial.
For each division, Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity:
• Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 600,000 Japanese Yen (approx. 5,425 USD)
• Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
• New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 200,000 Japanese Yen
In addition, Special Achievement Award will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to an individual or group who has made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
Each of the winners will also win an opportunity to present their works at the Exhibition of Award-winning Works in Tokyo in June 2018.
Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections.
For all further informations about the 21st Japan Media Arts Festival visit the following official website: