13th International Arte Laguna Prize 2018-2019 - ARTS AWARD
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Artists titled 13th International Arte Laguna Prize 2018-2019 is now open!
13th International Arte Laguna Prize 2018-2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The 13th Arte Laguna Prize, an international free-themed arts award aimed at enhancing Contemporary Art, is now open and entries for the 2018-2019 edition are accepted from all parts of the world.
Arte Laguna srl, in partnership with the Cultural Association MoCA, organizes the 13th Edition of the International Arte Laguna Prize, an arts award aimed at promoting and enhancing contemporary art.
The aims of The Arte Laguna Prize is to promoting contemporary art and providing artists with professional development opportunities. It's stands out in the global art scene for the variety of its partnerships and opportunities offered to artists, and is recognized worldwide as a real springboard for the artists’ career.
The Prize includes ten sections:
• Painting - works made with technical and stylistic freedom (oil, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl, watercolor, graphite, pencil, collage, prints of different kind, etc.) on any support (canvas, paper, wood, plastics, iron, etc.). The maximum size allowed is 175 cm per side.
• Sculpture and installation - works created with any organic or inorganic material, which may include sounds, lights, videos and mechanical or electrical movements. The maximum size allowed is: base 4 meters, depth 4 meters, height 8 meters and there is no weight limit. Works that require a set-up in dark rooms must be adaptable to the available exhibition space.
• Photographic art - photographs on analog or digital support, photos which may include digital elaborations. The maximum size allowed is 175 cm per side.
• Video art and Short films - videos, films, slow motion, time-lapse photography or works made with animation techniques on any digital or analog support, cinematographic, promotional, or graphic computer short films. Maximum duration: 15 minutes. The video file must be uploaded online and not exceed 500 mb.
• Performance, - performances made by one or more artists, using any technique, expressive form and support materials provided by the artist. Finalist artists will perform live during the opening night, in a version which does not exceed 10 minutes.
• Virtual art, - works entirely created by using the computer or digital applications and devices: videos, installations, performances in which the use of digital media plays a key role in the creative process and content; net art, software, interactive devices, video games, augmented reality projects, rapid prototyping, etc. Works featuring an installation will have to be adaptable to the exhibition space available.
• Digital graphics, - images and works generated or edited using a computer, tablet, smartphone, or applications including works of digital painting, gifs and photographs, where the technological intervention is predominant. Works of digital painting, gifs and photographs where manipulation is predominant are included. Finalist works will be set up on a monitor or printed on a two-dimensional support with a maximum size 175 cm per side.
• Environmental / Land Art - works or projects of environmental and land art in which the artistic intervention interacts with the environment it has been created for. There is no restrictions on the choice of the specific environment. The submitted works and projects submitted relate to nature and its features and more in general to the environment or the landscape in which they are placed. The finalist works will be exhibited with explication panels.
• Urban art - works or projects of urban art and enhancement, street art, graffiti and stencil arst, in which the artistic intervention interacts with the urban area and the public space it has been conceived for, using any technique (spray paint, artistic stickers, stencils, projections, videos, installations, etc.). There is no restrictions concerning the artistic intervention site. The finalist works will be exhibited with explication panels.
• design - furniture or furnishing accessories that enrich the housing experience where the visual component is predominant. Finishes and outdoor furniture are included, whereas electrical appliances are not accepted. Finalist designers will have to present a full-scale prototype or a scale model of their project. The maximum size of the prototype should not exceed 100cm per side.
• There is no thematic guidelines or any other restriction
• Each artist can participate also in more than one section by submitting a portfolio of works
• Artworks may have been previously exhibited
• You can present resume of your artwork and a portfolio of up to 4 works
• You can apply on-line or by mail
The jurors of the different sections will evaluate the works by taking into considerations the international contemporary art features and according to qualitative criteria as well as research and technical abilities. The jury can evaluate all the submitted material. The jury will make the first selection by choosing 200 or more artis, who will be admitted to the second selection, after which the finalist artists, who will participate in the group exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice from March 16th to April 7th 2019, will be announced. The winners of all the other prizes will be selected by each partner. The selections results will be announced online on the website www.artelagunaprize.com
• 85 € + 22% VAT (103,70 €) for artists over 25 (born within the year 1992).
The fee allows the applicant to submit 4 works also in different sections; each additional work costs 20 € + 22% VAT (24,40 €).
• 65 € + 22% VAT (79,30 €) for artists under 25 (born in 1993 and later); artists under 25 must attach a copy of their ID when applying. The fee allows the applicant to submit 4 works also in different sections; each additional work costs 15 € + 22% VAT (18,30 €).
The Arte Laguna Prize is open to all Artists and Designers, with no restrictions of age, gender, nationality or any other qualifications.
The contest features the awarding of cash prizes, the organization of a major collective exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice, exhibitions in international art galleries, collaborations with companies, art residencies, inclusion into the web portal artelaguna.world and the publication of the Catalogue.
The total amount of the Prize is thus divided:
• € 7.000 - Painting
• € 7.000 - Sculpture and Installation | Virtual Art
• € 7.000 - Photographic Art | Digital Graphics
• € 7.000 - Video Art and Short Films | Performance
• € 7.000 - Land Art | Urban Art
• € 7.000 - Design
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition 13th International Arte Laguna Prize 2018-2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.artelagunaprize.com/
Category: ARTS AWARD
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: Arte Laguna
Listed by: InfoDesigners