| by InfoDesigners
The winners have been announced on
Audio competition titled Genius Loci Weimar 2016 Spatial Audio Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Link: Official Website
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Spatial audio competition is based on the reproduction process of the wave field synthesis, speaker arrays generate a sound field in which the sound source can be located much steadier in comparison to conventional audio systems, thus creating a realistic acoustic environment.
All interested artists can submit their audio concept ideas for the spatial audio installation at the Hafiz Goethe Memorial in Weimar.
Contestants are invited to submit an artistic concept, including:
- a thirty-second audio clip (stereo WAV)
- an explanatory text (max. 300 words) describing the design and components of the spatial acoustics.
- a cover letter from the participant or group, including self-description and appropriate references.
Every summer since 2012, Weimar becomes a meeting point for digital avant-garde artists, culture enthusiasts and scientists. The Genius Loci Weimar festival for site-specific audio-visual art and interactive facade projections now ranks among the leading international events in this area.
There is no entry fee for this audio competition!
The competition is open to all individuals, enthusiasts, students, amateurs and professionals and groups.
The best submission will be awarded the commission:
- To create a 10-15 minute acoustic production that can be performed during the festival weekend.
- A budget of 5,000 Euros will be provided for the artistic realisation of the work.
- The production will be of the highest technical and artistic quality.
The winning project will be presented during a festival to take place from 12 to 14 August 2016.
For all further informations about the competition Genius Loci Weimar 2016 Spatial Audio Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!