The Creative Promise Prizes were established in 2009 to honor young immigrants who have demonstrated exceptional achievement early in their careers.
A panel of distinguished jurors—scientists and science/medical writers or editors will evaluate each application based primarily on the individual’s research contributions to progress in Biomedical Sciences, as demonstrated in the quality and significance of his/her research and publication record.
The individuals chosen will have demonstrated exceptional independence and creativity by their 38th birthday. In addition, the applicants will also be judged on their ability to communicate the significance of their research to a scientifically literate audience. The Creative Promise Prize recipients selected by the jury will be scientists whose work best exemplifies the characteristics outlined above. All three winners will be considered equal in standing. Recommendations of the jury will be submitted to the Vilcek Foundation’s Board of Directors for final approval.
The Vilcek Foundation will award three prizes of $50,000 each to young foreign-born biomedical scientists who demonstrate outstanding early achievement. Eligible work may be in basic, applied, and/or translational Biomedical Science.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
To be eligible for the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science, applicants must meet all of the criteria listed below:
1. Applicant must have been born outside the United States.
2. Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2016 (born on or after January 1, 1978).
• be a naturalized citizen of the United States;
• or be a permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States;
• or be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years;
• or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
4. Applicant must have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
5. Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
The winners of the Creative Promise Prize in Biomedical Science will be notified by November 2016 and will be invited to attend the Vilcek Foundation’s annual awards ceremony in New York City, in the spring of 2017. Travel expenses and accommodations will be covered by the foundation.
For all further informations about the The Vilcek Prizes For Creative Promise in Biomedical Science 2017 or to submit your works visit the following official website: