Montelupo Ceramic Award 2018 now is over!
Ceramics call for entries, Montelupo Ceramic Award organised by Fondazione Museo Montelupo Onlus, based in Montelupo Fiorentino at Museo della Ceramica, has been officially announced to produce a ceramic artifact during an on-site residency.
Fondazione Museo Montelupo Onlus, based in Montelupo Fiorentino at Museo della Ceramica, officially announces new international ceramic competition to produce a ceramic artifact during an on-site residency close to Florence, Italy.
The 2018 edition theme is “everyday object”.
Participants are challenged to develop a project for producing an object entirely made of ceramics.
Ceramics have been furnishing our lives forever and Montelupo Ceramics Award is meant to emphasize not only ceramic as a material designated to the creation of precious, exclusive and purely contemplative works, but also the ceramics artifact’s design as a daily life object and its reproducibility that takes center stage in everyone’s daily life.
To officially apply an online form must be filled in full, attaching three (3) planning designs (A3 sized format –10 Mb max in file size – pdf format). Each table must be named with a number and the contestant’s name (i.e.: johnsmith_tab01, johnsmith_tab02, johnsmith_tab03) and they must be arranged as follows:
• design 1 - the project’s concept explained through an essay of max 240 words (pdf), including: object type and reasons for its planning choices.
• design 2 - a research phase explanatory table with all the images used in the creative process.
• design 3 - project design table on the final product: the design drawing (with multiple views from different angles including measurement data, techniques and materials to be used).
For the project execution any technique is allowed: hand drawing, 3D drawing, photomontage, vector drawing).
You can participate singularly or in groups.
The Commission will select the authors of the most original, meaningful and qualitatively valuable projects according to the following criteria:
• Creative values of the project
• Innovative value of the object itself, that must reflect the proposed theme and the necessities of the contemporary world
• Design effectiveness, reading ease, support’s use and maintenance
• Economic sustainability and technological viability
The artifact will be part of the museum’s public collection and will be displayed in dedicated exhibitions. Its photographic or video reproductions can be used as promotional material both in print and online.
The 1st prize winner will be invited by the organizer of the competition to a fully-paid one-week residency in Florence, Italy.
There is no entry fees to participate in this competition!
Who can participate? ⇣
Participation to this competition is open to individuals (singularly or in groups) with no limits of location or geographical origin, such as: professionals, design and applied arts students. The 35 years of age limit is to be considered invalidating.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!