Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competition now is over!
Animate Europe International Comic Competition recently organized by The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom is now open for entry in its 2019 edition, this time themed “Europe+” invites anyone with an inspiring answer to pick up pen and paper and take a part.
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom recently has launched the international comic competition titled Animate Europe.
In 2013, the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom launched the international comics competition Animate Europe for the first time and has done so since then every other year. This year’s topic is "Europe+" and they are looking forward to stories on the added value of the
If you have an inspiring answer to these questions, pick up pen and paper and take part in Animating Europe.
The promoter will accept only 1 entry per entrant. For co-productions, the participation with one additional person is possible.
The competition consists of two phases:
• In phase I, entrants submit the first page (ideally more than one panel) and a summary of the prospective story. Entries to phase I will be accepted until 15 December 2018. An international jury will select four finalists who will be invited to participate in phase II of the competition. They will be notified by e-mail in the week beginning 7 January 2019.
• In phase II, the finalists will be asked to present the complete 8-page graphic short story in A4 or A3 format in digital form and as flat work by 31 March 2019.
Entries can be with or without words, in black and white or colour, and fiction or non-fiction. Each entry must be:
• in English
• an original work of which the entrant is the author (or joint author) which has not been previously professionally or commercially published and is not in breach of any third party right.
• in phase I: submitted in digital form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• in phase II: submitted in digital form to email@example.com and as flat work (i.e. not as a booklet]. Artwork must not be rolled in a tube. It can be submitted on paper in the formats A4 or A3.
• 8 pages
• complete in itself (i.e. not a fragment of a larger work).
The winner will be announced at end of October at a ceremony at the Belgian Comic Center in Brussels, Belgium and will receive a cash. All four finalists’ entries will be published in an anthology.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competitionpen is open to anyone worldwide.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!