Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competition - COMIC COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competition is now open!
Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this comic competition:
Animate Europe International Comic Competition recently organized by The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom is now open for entry in its 2019 edition, this time themed “Europe+” invites anyone with an inspiring answer to pick up pen and paper and take a part.
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom recently has launched the international Comic Competition titled Animate Europe.
In 2013, the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom launched the international comics competition Animate Europe for the first time and has done so since then every other year. This year's topic is "Europe+" and they are looking forward to stories on the added value of the
If you have an inspiring answer to these questions, pick up pen and paper and take part in Animating Europe.
The promoter will accept only 1 entry per entrant. For co-productions, the participation with one additional person is possible.
The competition consists of two phases:
• In phase I, entrants submit the first page (ideally more than one panel) and a summary of the prospective story. Entries to phase I will be accepted until 15 December 2018. An international jury will select four finalists who will be invited to participate in phase II of the competition. They will be notified by e-mail in the week beginning 7 January 2019.
• In phase II, the finalists will be asked to present the complete 8-page graphic short story in A4 or A3 format in digital form and as flat work by 31 March 2019.
Entries can be with or without words, in black and white or colour, and fiction or non-fiction. Each entry must be:
• in English
• an original work of which the entrant is the author (or joint author) which has not been previously professionally or commercially published and is not in breach of any third party right.
• in phase I: submitted in digital form to email@example.com.
• in phase II: submitted in digital form to firstname.lastname@example.org and as flat work (i.e. not as a booklet]. Artwork must not be rolled in a tube. It can be submitted on paper in the formats A4 or A3.
• 8 pages
• complete in itself (i.e. not a fragment of a larger work).
The winner will be announced at end of October at a ceremony at the Belgian Comic Center in Brussels, Belgium and will receive a cash. All four finalists’ entries will be published in an anthology.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competitionpen is open to anyone worldwide.
The four finalists who will be slected in the 1 phase by jury will receive a grant of 800 EUR to finish an eight-page comics story by Sunday, 31 March 2019.
The winner of the competition will receive a prize of 500 EUR. All four finalists’ entries will be published in an anthology.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the Animate Europe 2019 International Comics Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://fnf-europe.org/animate-europe/europe-animate-europe-2019/
Category: COMIC COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: Friedrich Naumann Foundation
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners