11th Plaktivat Poster Design Competition: No Excuse now is over!
TAM-TAM INSTITUTE in cooperation with the Društvo SOS telefon society hereby announces the 11th International PLAKTIVAT Poster Design Competition for a city poster design on the topic of “NO EXCUSE”.
The TAM-TAM INSTITUTE in cooperation with the Društvo SOS telefon society hereby announces the 11th International PLAKTIVAT Poster Design Competition for a city poster design on the topic of “NO EXCUSE”.
The 11th Plaktivat Poster Design Competition gives you a chance to help reduce the number of victims of partner violence and to raise the general public’s awareness of the unacceptability of any form of violence against women.
The current communicative action addresses the issue of violence against women. This is one of the most widespread and hidden forms of human rights’ violations. It is grounded in unequal social relations between the genders, stems from the unfair distribution of personal and social authority between the genders, and arises from cultural environments and education systems. Violent behavior is most often taught and passed from generation to generation. While women suffer different forms of violence, this communicative action focuses on partner violence.
Every one in two women falls victim to psychological violence and every one in four women to physical violence. The violence occurs behind closed doors; furthermore, women often hide the existence of violence in the family. The main reasons for this are fear, shame, feelings of guilt, economic dependency, and the assigning of great value to the image of “the perfect family”. Often, they simply have nowhere to go, or fail to see or recognise the option to do so.
Most often the turning point is reached, when a woman realizes her struggle to preserve her relationship with the instigator of violence works to her own detriment and/or the detriment of her children. At this point she seeks out help outside the relationship, demanding a right to her own life, and finally ends the relationship. This is often her only chance to lead a regular life without future violence and to stop the pattern of violent behavior from being passed to the children.
The most widespread form of violence against women is psychological violence. It starts with possessive and controlling behavior and manipulation, followed by insults, yelling, and threats.
Psychological violence often evolves into physical violence, which typically gradually increases. Some of the actions, which fall under the heading of physical violence are: slapping, beating, kicking, boxing, thrusting, hair pulling etc.
The object and aim of this competition is to reduce the number of victims of partner violence who often do not see a way out and to raise the general public’s awareness of the unacceptability of any form of violence against women.
• Your creative solution must fit the format of TAM-TAM city posters. Take note that the posters are located outside in the streets and design your poster accordingly, so that it will be legible and communicate its message well in the multitude of visual stimuli of the street environment. Consider that billboard posters are usually initially noticed from a distance of a few meters - think about how to grab attention and how much text a billboard can take etc. In line with articles 22 and 23 of the Public Use of the Slovene Language Act, any text in a public environment must be in Slovene or alternatively the Slovene version must not be less prominent than the text in a foreign language. Organizer are available for help with translation on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The poster must include the Društvo SOS telefon helpline number: 080 11 55, which must form part of the main message. The size of the phone number must equal at least 40 pt in the file format of 27,2 × 39,8 cm (this amounts to 200 pt on the actual 5 times larger poster size).
• The poster must also be in line with PLAKTIVAT’s visual identity, and include PLAKTIVAT’s pre-prepared logos in the designated manner (this you can find of the official website).
• Submitted file must be in PDF format with CMYK color mode (digital print), bitmap (raster) elements must have resolution of 300 DPI, the file must have 2 mm of bleed area and crop marks.
Criteria for assessment:
• Technical suitability (Competition requirements)
• Taking into account the specifics of TAM-TAM city posters
• Innovative approach
• Communication clarity
• Positivity of the message
The jury reserves the right to select two or more winning creative solutions. Results will be published at the middle of November 2018 at www.facebook.com/plakatiranje and https://twitter.com/TamTamSLO.
There is no entry fees to participate!
11th Plaktivat Poster Design Competition is open to all creators, individuals as well as agencies and companies, who want to help create our common living environment. By submitting their work to the competition, the artists agree to all of the competition’s provisions; i.e. those clearly stated in the competition documentation, as well as those which can be reasonably deduced.
There is no entry fee to participate!