57th Ann Arbor Film Festival (AAFF) 2018 now is over!
The Ann Arbor Film Festival is calling for entries for its 57th event inviting all filmmakers and artists to enter their best film or video that demonstrate a high regard for the moving image as an art form, no matter the genre.
The Ann Arbor film festival (AAFF) recently has opened the call for entries for its 57th event inviting all filmmakers to participate entering their best film or video that demonstrate a high regard for the moving image as an art form, no matter the genre.
This film festival is the longest and older running experimental and avant-garde film festival in North America. Internationally recognized as a premiere forum for independent filmmakers and artists, each year’s festival engages audiences with remarkable cinematic experiences.
• This festival is open to film and video submissions that demonstrate a high regard for the moving image as an art form, no matter the genre.
• Work previously submitted may not be re-entered.
• Short and feature-length animation, documentary, experimental, and narrative films are accepted. Short films run no longer than 59 minutes.
Feature films run 60 minutes or more.
• Foreign entries should have English subtitles.
• Entries must be submitted in the following formats: Internet link (URL) and 16mm. They do not accept DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS, or video data files for screening purposes.
• Digital films can be submitted through entry form (on the official website) or through Withoutabox.
• To submit a 16mm print of your film for pre-screening, please contact email@example.com to make shipping arrangements.
• Please submit a brief statement of two to three sentences (up to 70 words) about your film for use in the festival program.
• Please do not submit a press packet with your film. Due to the volume of entries, they cannot ensure that your press packet will survive submission season.
Organizer gives each and every film entered into their festival equal and full consideration. Your film will be reviewed by two different people from their enthusiastic cadre of AAFF volunteers—folks who love and attend the festival and can’t get enough of the films they show. They are on the lookout for the AAFF vibe, range, and visual and philosophical aesthetic.
All filmmakers will be notified on February 1, 2019 regarding the status of their submission.
The 57th Ann Arbor film festival 2018 is scheduled for 26-31 March, 2019 at the historic Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
• Early entry window: July 1–31 - ($30 short / $40 feature)
• Standard entry window: August 1–31 - ($45 short / $55 feature)
• Late entry window: September 1–30 - ($60 short / $70 feature)
The 57th Ann Arbor film festival 2018 is open to all filmmakers and artists around the world.