9th Simorgh International Festival 2018 : The Culture of Health now is over!
Student film festival titled The Simorgh International Festival has been recently announced in its 9th edition for 2018 accepting film, photo and poster submissions from the students across the globe.
The 9th Simorgh International Festival 2018, student film festival themed "The Culture of Health", is accepting film, photo and poster submissions.
The theme of the festival is the maintenance and improvement of physical, mental, social and spiritual health.
The festival aims at promoting cultural and artistic exchange among students across the globe. It is unique as it brings students across the globe together in sharing their concerns about health in their countries and also the world.
Simorgh International Festival aims to pave the ground for better situation in people’s lives no matter where they live or what their nationalities are.
Students are invited to submit relevant work in the following three sections:
• Film – this section, consisting of short film and animation, aims at extending support for the student production as well as recognizing the young talents.
• Poster – this section aims at producing outstanding works as well as recognizing the young talents.
• Photo – this section aims at producing outstanding works as well as recognizing the young talents.
Work should be related with the following main subjects:
• Recover after chronical diseases or disabilities
• Happy and hopeful life
• Mental health and its significant effect on the increase of life quality
• Attention to fatal diseases and suggesting approaches for prevention
Requirements for the film /animation section:
• Films lacking technical standards will be omitted
• Films should have English subtitle
• The production year should be after the January 2015
• More than 1 film could be sent from one filmmaker in different sections
Requirements for the poster section:
• There is no limitation in choosing the technique
• Each applicant could submit at most 3 works
• Size must be minimum A3 and maximum 100*70
• Works should follow 300dpi resolution and TIF or JPEG format
Works having the following features would be in priority:
• Using a proper contrast, combination of colors
• Aesthetics and semantics
• Form of technique and use of proper elements to convey the meaning
Requirements for the photo section:
• Each applicant could submit at most 3 photos
• All photos in all genres and with all subjects could enter the competition including portrait, nature, sightings, architecture, social, documentary, ethics, etc.,.
• Photos must have the quality of 300 DPI and must be maximum 10 MB.
• Festival secretariat will not accept photomontage, panorama or collage
• Photos must have title
• Information about the place and time of photography along with the type of camera must be mentioned when registering at the festival webpage
• In case the quality of the photos are not proper for books or exhibitions, major files in high quality will be requested and the applicants must provide asap.
Works having the following feature would be in priority:
• Conforming to the basic standards of photography
• Proper quality and photo processing
• Photos following the theme along with high technical quality
• Creativity and innovation
• Use of technique with highest precision
• Having high accuracy in conveying the message
Participants could also show how much their countries progressed in health and help the other students become forerunners in their own countries.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
This festival is open to students across the globe. All participants must be either an undergraduate or a graduate after 2016.
There is no entry fee to participate!