Animage 2017 – International Animation Festival of Pernambuco now is over!
Animage 8th International Animation Festival of Pernambuco is accepting submissions for 2017 and invites all filmmakers from around the world to take a part with their best animation films.
The Animage Festival reaffirms its stance of understanding the animation as cultural art more than as commercial industry. The festival privileges risk, boldness, ideas, reinvention and the use of digital or crafty tools as a support for the development of critical imagination and exercise of creative freedom.
The Festival includes Competitive and Non-competitive Screenings of national and international animation films, in addition to special sessions, feature films, masterclass, exhibition and animation workshops for both beginners, children and professionals.
Animage 2017’s competitive screenings categories include:
• Short film – Films lasting up to 30 minutes
• Children’s Short Film – Films lasting up to 30 minutes
• Brazilian Short Film – Films lasting up to 30 minutes made in Brazil
• Only films produced from 2016 are selectable.
• It will only be accepted films submitted in HD format (1920x1080) or better, extension .MOV and codec H264.
• in the case if the internet access is limited in some countries it is allowed to send the film(s) by mail in HD format (1920x1080) or better, using the extension .MOV and codec H264), on portable storage units (USB flash drive, external hard drive, among others) or DVD (in data format). • Registered films in Portuguese, English or Spanish MUST NOT HAVE SUBTITLES PRINTED ON VIDEO. • Each participant can enroll as many works as wanted, each one with its own separate enrollment form and technical information form. MANDATORY ITEMS TO BE ATTACHED WHEN ENROLLING A FILM:
• Three film screenshots, with no textual information, with a minimal resolution of 300 dpi, on .JPG format, for posterior catalogue prints and Festival divulgation pieces.
• If the enrolled film contains dialogues, narration, charts or musical score that are relevant to the work absorption, in any language other than Portuguese, these must be sent, separately. The script file must include the time-code in the original language and a translation to Portuguese, Spanish or English.
• Film director’s biography and filmography
• Film’s Curriculum –(Exibihitions and awards)
• Film’s synopsis in Portuguese, English or Spanish, with a maximum of 350 characters
The participants must be fully responsible for the use of other’s musical scores or images in their films, as well as any onus related to copyright infringement.
The awards will be given by an official jury, comprising three individuals invited by the Festival organization, amongst film critics and film industry professionals, from whom it is required not to have any direct relation to any of the works shown on competition. The jury will avouch for the picking of the ANIMAGE TROPHY and prize money winners, according to the categories and values, except AUDIENCE AWARD category, which will be elected by direct public vote. The jury will avouch for the picking of the winner films of the ANIMAGE TROPHY according to the categories: A) DIRECTION B) SCREENPLAY C) ART DIRECTION D) ANIMATION TECHNIQUE E) SOUND MIXING The selected titles will be informed through the Festival’s website on September 05th, 2017. The event for 2017 will take place in the city of Recife, in Brazil, 10th—19th November, 2017. There is no entry fee for this competition!
This competition is open to all filmmakers from around the world.
No Entry Fee!