Carapelli for Art 2018 now is over!
Carapelli is promoting the 1st art competition titled “Carapelli for Art”, a competition for visual arts that intends to enhance, promote and support young contemporary artists, in celebration of the company’s 125th anniversary.
The 1st edition of art competition, “Carapelli for Art” has been recently promoved by Carapelli, famouse Italian olive oil house, dedicate for visual arts that intends to enhance, promote and support young contemporary artists, in celebration of the company’s 125th anniversary.
The competition is themed “CARAPELLI FOR ART: SKILL, TRADITION and QUALITY”.
There are two categories:
• “Academy” - category for students enrolled at italians Academies of Fine Arts
• “Open” - category for all professional artists
• Entries can be either new pieces or previous art works, as long as these have not been entered in other competitions.
• Entries can be realised using any technique and materials.
• Each entry must be signed by the artist and received at the address notified to finalists by the organisers, at least five days before the prize ceremony to be held in September.
Entrants must send the following documents in a single file weighing no more than 5MB to email@example.com no later than 15 July 2018:
1. CV in Italian, containing personal data processing authorisation in compliance with Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 and the GDPR (EU) 2016/679, specifying date of birth, address, phone number, email, completed studies, past exhibitions.
2. Description and summary of the artwork
3. Photocopy of valid ID with signature
4. A maximum of 5 images of the entry. Videos may be sent in using a YouTube or Vimeo link. Each link counts as one image.
The prize ceremony will be held before the end of September 2018, in a venue to be confirmed, and winners will be invited to take part.
Entries will be selected by a jury comprising four expert contemporary art critics and curators and a representative from Carapelli Firenze. The jury will evaluate the artwork and select the winners in the two categories by the end of July. Selection will take into consideration both the conceptual elements of the artwork and the artist’s CV. Winners will be notified by 31 July 2018 and must send in their artwork to Carapelli by 7 September 2018.
With acceptance of their prize and receipt of their prize money, the winners must agree to transfer all ownership and relative rights for publication and use for economic purposes of their entry to Carapelli Firenze S.p.A., while retaining the right to be identified and cited as the artist of their artwork.
There is no entry fees to partecipate in this competition!
The Carapelli for Art 2018 competition is open to students at italians Academies of Fine Arts, and all artists working in the fields of painting, photography, sculpture, installation and videos. Artists of any nationality can enter the “Carapelli for Art” competition.
There is no entry fee to participate!