Communication Arts Illustration Competition 2019 now is over!
Communication Arts Illustration Competition, one of the world’s most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration is open for entries for 2019 and any illustration first published or produced from January 2018 through January 2019 is eligible.
Communication Arts Illustration Competition 2019, the most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration has been recently announced for entries.
Communication Arts is publishing the best in visual communications from around the world since 1959 and is one of the world’s most prestigious illustration competition. CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
There are different illustration categories:
• Advertising: ads, posters, music and product packaging, etc.
• Books: covers, jackets, interiors, etc.
• Editorial: consumer or trade magazines, newspapers, etc.
• For Sale: posters, prints, greeting cards, licensing/stock, gallery sale, online store, etc.
• Institutional: company/association publications, annual reports, catalogs, client websites, blogs, etc.
• Motion/Animation: time-based media for film, television, video or web, etc.
• Self-Promotion: promotion for illustrators, design firms, ad agencies, art schools, printers, paper companies, etc.
• Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
• Student Work: illustration or animation created for school assignments.
Any illustration first published or produced from January 2018 through January 2019 is eligible. Entries may originate from any country. Descriptions in English are very important to the judges. Submission of entries acknowledges the right of Communication Arts to use them for publication and exhibition.
Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
• AdvertisingPrint Entries: Must be unmounted and sent to office by mail/courier. Each illustration is a single entry. A printed piece with several illustrations must have a dot or some other mark indicating which specific single illustration is to be judged. If a single illustration isn’t indicated, the entry will be disqualified. Campaigns or series are limited to 5 illustrations. If the entry has more than five illustrations, indicate which five are to be judged. If this isn’t indicated, the entry will be disqualified. Do not tape series together. Any project over 18" x 24" must be submitted as digital images.
• AdvertisingDigital Images: Must be RGB in JPG format with a maximum width of 1024 pixels and a maximum height of 768 pixels at 72 dpi. Digital images will be projected for the judges using an HD projector on a 6’ x 4’ screen.
• AdvertisingMotion/Animation Entries: Must be in MOV, MP4 or MPG format, with a maximum file size of 1 GB. Include 4 seconds of black, no slates or bars, at the beginning of each video and 2 seconds at the end.
Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and illustrators, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Illustration Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will carry contact information of the illustrators represented.
Entries must be registered no later than Midnight (Pacific Standard Time), January 11, 2019. Entries registered after that date require a late fee of $10 per entry. No entries can be registered after January 25, 2019.
Entry fees for single illustration is $40 and for series of illustration is $80.
There is exeption for the category Motion/Animation - for a single pice of animation is $90 and for series of animations is $180.
Student work - for a single illustration (print or JPG $20)and(video $45). Series of illustrations or animation projects created for the same school assignment is for (print or JPGs - limit of 5, $40) and for (video, limit of 3, $90).
Communication Arts Illustration Competition 2020 is open to any illustration first published or produced from January 2018 through January 2019 is eligible.