Communication Arts Interactive Competition 2019 now is over!
Communication Arts Interactive Competition, one of the world’s most prestigious digital competition for interactive media is open for entries for 2019 and any interactive project created for digital distribution on desktop, interactive installation, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible.
Communication Arts Interactive Competition 2019, the most prestigious digital competition for interactive media has been recently opened for entries, organised by Communication Arts magazine, a professional journal for those involved in visual communications.
Communication Arts magazin is publishing the best in visual communications from around the world since 1959. CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
Any project—interface design, educational and entertainment program, interactive product display or application—created for digital distribution on Desktop, interactive installation, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible. There is no eligibility period due to the rapidly-changing nature of interactive media. Submission of an entry acknowledges the right of Communication Arts to use it for exhibition and publication.
There are different Interactive Competition Categories:
• Websites/Microsites: websites used for any purpose (including advertising, news, e-commerce, education and entertainment that utilize browser-based technologies).
• Social: social network applications, extensions and games designed for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
• Desktop: apps, widgets, branded experiences and games designed to run locally on Mac or PC desktops/laptops.
• Mobile: apps, mobile-optimized websites, games and location-aware services designed for iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.
• Tablets/Handheld Devices: apps, games, e-books, digital publishing and interactive sales presentations designed for tablets and handheld devises other than mobile phones.
• Environmental: interactive installations, kiosks, tables, in-store/window displays, out-of-home experiences, tradeshow and museum exhibits, corporate showrooms, etc.
• Other Interactive Media: any projects not covered in previous categories where interactivity is integral to the user experience.
• Student Work: any interactive projects created for school assignments.
Please submit only one version of each entry.
Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
• Video Entries: Must be in MOV, MP4 or MPG format, with a maximum file size of 1 GB. Include 4 seconds of black, no slates or bars, at the beginning of each piece and 2 seconds at the end. The video must convey the look and feel of the interactive project only and be no longer than 5 minutes in duration. No campaign overviews please.
• Web-Based Entries: All web-based entries must be viewable in a common web browser and accessible via the Internet for three months after the competition deadline. If the entry is not publicly accessible, please include the user name and password to your secured server. Web-based video demonstrations must be a direct link to the project and be no longer than five minutes in duration. No splash page or campaign overviews please.
• Downloadable Apps: Apple App Store or Google Play URL only. All other applications must be submitted as a demonstration video either as a disk or web-based entry.
We do not accept any printed entries or digital images for this competition.
Entries must be registered throught online competition system no later than Midnight (Pacific Standard Time), October 5, 2018. Entries registered after that date require a late fee of $10 per entry. No entries can be registered after October 19, 2018.
Entry fee for submission of video in any of categories cost $125, instead trought URL cost $100.
Student work - Any Website or Microsite, Social, Desktop, Mobile or Tablet app, Interactive installation, or other interactive media created as a student project. Video or Downloadable App ($45) URL ($30).
Any project-interface design, educational and entertainment programs, interactive product display, self-promotion-created for digital distribution on CD-ROM, interactive kiosk, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible.