Displate Typography & Quote Art Challenge 2018 now is over!
New graphic design competition titled Typography & Quote Art Challenge has been recently announced by Displate, a manufacturer specializing in creating exceptional metal posters and a platform gathering talented artists from all over the world, inviting anyone that use a pencil, paintbrush or scriber worldwide to partecipate.
Announced by Displate, graphic design competition titled Typography & Quote Art Challenge has been recently organised and opened for entries for 2018.
Whether you use a pencil, paintbrush or scriber, you cannot miss this Typography & Quote Art Challenge. Organiser looking for talented beasts, making magic out of their art…
This graphic competition is open to any topic you like, but the organiser would love if you stick to one of these:
• Literature and movies
• Motivational Quote
• Typography for Kids
You can submit as many pictures you want. It will increase your chances of winning.
Choose a perfect name for your work, add tags and include the tag QUOTE18, so we will be able to easily find it and qualify it for the competition.
• They are quality obsessed to the point of employing complicated algorithms verifying each and every submitted Displate so that the final product looks great. It’s only accepted JPG/JPEG files. They recommend generating them from a lossless original (PSD or TIFF file) and then saving the file as a highest-quality JPEG with an embedded colour profile.
• Please DO NOT manually increase the pixel dimensions of your images by resampling in Photoshop to match their requirements. Each Displate is verified for such action and won’t get past the validation.
• If you want a specific colour profile, please embed this in your file. Otherwise the artwork will be printed as it is. In Photoshop, you can embed a colour profile from the "Image" tab, and then "Convert To Profile." You will need to make the decision on which colour profile is appropriate for your images, but the most popular profiles are sRGB and AdobeRGB (1998).
• If your original artwork is not digital, we recommend taking HD quality digital photos or scanning your original artwork by professionals or someone who knows how to do it. You may also use a film camera and have the photos scanned.
Before you upload your artwork, be sure it is ready. Quality & colour correction, cleaning and cropping should all be completed prior to submitting. Zoom in to your picture and imagine it in someone’s home. Then ask yourself: is the quality enough?
Common reasons for images not passing validation:
The quality / logos / watermark issues are responsible for 80% of rejections.
• Quality is just not enough for a great print.
• Pixels have been increased in size to match the short side requirement (2900px).
• Image far outside the recommended 1.4:1 ratio.
• Number of DPI less than 300.
• Logo or watermark added.
• Margin less than 2 cm / 0,80 inches.
• Multiple uploads of the same image with slight changed colour palette or tiny detail.
• The whole content of the design not included in one uploaded file.
This competition starts on May 28th and ends on June 28th.
They are quality obsessed to the point of employing complicated algorithms verifying each and every submitted Displate so that the final product looks great. After the verification phase only a few best print-quality artworks among the submissions are published. This means that a lot of created Displates are not published.
After June 28th all submitted works will be reviewed by Displate curatorial team and announced below (Winners section). Winners will be also notified by email.
There is no entry fee to partecipate in this competition.
This graphic design competitionis open to anyone worldwide.
There is no entry fee to participate!