HIPA - Hamdan International Photography Award 2018-2019 now is over!
The HIPA - Hamdan International Photography Award continues its 8th season opening a new award building on a seven-year tradition of inspiring artistic and intellectual talents to propagate the true spirit of photography and highlight its crucial role in the creation of a culture, as well as giving recognition to innovators worldwide.
After seven seasons of Hamdan International Photography Award and inspiring artistic and intellectual talents to propagate the true spirit of photography, as well as giving recognition to innovators worldwide, HIPA is ready to open its new call for entries for 2018-2019.
The Award encourages photographers to share their craft and demonstrate excellence in what is now one of the most coveted Awards in the world.
The four categories for this season are:
• Hope (main theme for this edition)
• Portfolio (story-telling)
• Aerial Photography (video)
• You can submit a maximum of 1 photo for each category.
• The General Category will have two sub categories “Colour” and “Black and White”.
• Participants are allowed to submit a Black and White Photograph in all categories except the ‘General – Colour’ sub category.
• Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi to be suitable for publication.
• Participants are requested to submit the raw/original camera files at the same time of submitting their photographs.
• Finalists in the ‘Aerial Photography (Video)’ category will be required to provide sample photographic/video material to prove the authenticity of their submissions.
• In the Portfolio category5-10 photographs of the same subject matter as part of their submission.
• You must provide a title and description for each Photo/Video submitted and a description for the set of photos in the Portfolio category • The same Photo must not be submitted in more than one (1) category.
Additional Rules for the Aerial Video Category (Drone):
• Video submissions for this category MUST be taken by a drone or any other automatic aircraft. Videos from any aerial platform will also be accepted.
• Submissions must be a minimum 3 minutes long and a maximum of 5 minutes in overall length. Each submission must have a minimum of 30 seconds in aerial footage.
• Only 1 entry per participant will be accepted.
• Minimum accepted quality of video submissions will be FULL HD, 4K submissions are also accepted.
• The Video should be a high definition quality 1920 X 1080 with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
• Participants must ensure that all submitted information is authentic and all content within their submissions is original.
• Submissions with watermarks and/or logos will not be accepted.
Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 7th August 2018 until 24:00 on 31st October 2018, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the deadline will be accepted.
HIPA’s appointed judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photo(s)/Video(s).The results, prizes and the winners will be announced in a public ceremony that will be held on March 2019.
There are THREE Special Awards for the eighth Season and they are; ‘The Photography Appreciation Award’, ‘The Photography Content Creator Award’ and the ‘Emerging Person/Organisation in Photography Award’. There is no entry fees to participate!
Participants in HIPA - Hamdan International Photography Award 2018-2019 must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
There is no entry fee to participate!