Home Maker Design Award 2015 now is over!
HOMI MAKER DESIGN AWARD, design competition is an initiative of HOMI in association with Artex, Centre for Artistic and Traditional Handicrafts of Tuscany and under the patronage of CNA and Confartigianato.
• Collection of work (craft object/s) must already be in existence, designed and made by the applicant.
• Applicant will not have exhibited their work at Macef before.
The applicants must work in the field of artistic handicrafts and applied arts with contemporary overtones, making work with strong components of innovation, research and personal artistic expression.
There are 2 categories for HOMI MAKER DESIGN AWARD. A total of 6 awards are available with 3 to be given in each category:
• HOMI MAKER DESIGN AWARD – living habits, home decoration and lifestyle.
• HOMI MAKER DESIGN AWARD – fashion & Jewels and fashion accessories.
The selection of candidates will be made by a special Judging Committee, composed of experts and representatives of the involved institutions.
Thanks to the free participation in HOMI the winners can therefore present their work to a wide array of buyers; shop keepers, architects, journalists, art dealers, etc., in the contest of Sperimenta, area of HOMI dedicated to innovative and research orientated designer maker ware - Italian and international.
• Collection of work to be exhibited at HOMI must already be in existence, designed and made by the applicant.
• Applicant will not have exhibited their wor at Macef before.
The work presented must fall within the sector of artistic handicrafts and applied arts with contemporary overtones, such as: ceramics; glass; fabrics; metal; wood; paper and papier-mâché;fashion and fashion accessories; etc.
The work/collection submitted for the HOMI MAKER DESIGN AWARD must be exclusively promoted by the candidate.
HOMI MAKER DESIGN AWARD design competition is aimed at young, designer makers, artisans, artists who have not yet turned 35 years of age on 1st January 2015.>br> The applicants can be: artisans; artists; holders of diploma and/or graduates coming from all levels of art and design schools; young people in a phase of starting a business.