Latin American Contemporary Fine Art Competition 2018 now is over!
New call for artists titled Latin American Contemporary Fine Art Competition, recently opened call for entries sponsored by Agora Gallery is an ideal way for Latin American artists to gain valuable exposure for their artwork and to exhibit their talent to a wider international audience.
Sponsored by Agora Gallery, Latin American Contemporary Fine Art Competition is an open call for artists and an ideal way for Latin American artists to gain valuable exposure for their artwork and to exhibit their talent to a wider international audience. It is also an excellent opportunity to foster their talent and develop the résumé of a successful professional artist.
This year’s Latin American Contemporary Fine Art Competition awards offer participating artists a wide range of opportunities and prizes specifically chosen to promote the selected Latin American artists and enhance their careers. The Competition is an opportunity qualifying artists shouldn’t miss.
Artists are invited to submit in any of the following mediums: painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, and print.Please note that all submitted artwork must be available for sale.
All entries, without exception, must be in digital format.
• Image files of your artwork in JPG format
• Each image must be at least 72 dpi and 200 KB.
• The shortest side of the image must be at least 338 pixels.
• All entries must be JPG format.
• Each image should not exceed 5MB and should be smaller than 7500 x 7500 pixels.
Collaborative work is accepted as long as the collaboration does not exceed two people.
Kinetic work can be accepted. However, we are not set up to accept MPEG or QuickTime files; please send up to 3 JPG files of your work. Miniature sculpture is accepted; however, if the work is chosen, the artist is responsible for the installation, with the work protected in a Plexiglas box during the exhibition.
Art submitted to the competition will be reviewed by a rotating panel of expert jurors, each representing a different field in the art world, ensuring a fair and balanced selection process.
All images and entry fees must be received by August 15th, 2018.
25 artists will be selected to exhibit in the collective exhibition, which will take place at Agora Gallery:
• Artwork Display: Your work will be displayed at the gallery.
• Press Release: A unique press release will be written for each individual artist by one of the gallery’s highly talented public relations writers.
• Public Relations: The gallery’s PR department will invite a wide range of guests to the exhibition, including private art buyers, art consultants, corporations, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and members of the media.
• Display Ad: An advertisement for the collective exhibition will be placed in a publication of the competition’s choosing.
• Opening Reception: An opening night reception will be organized for the artists, their invitees, and the New York art community at large. The event will be photographed and promoted on the gallery’s various social media channels.
• Invitations By Email: Invitations promoting the exhibition and your artwork will be emailed to our extensive mailing list.
• Gallery Listing: The exhibition will be announced in a NY art magazine (such as Gallery Guide, M Magazine, etc.), as well as on our website and on various other art-related sites.
• Catalog: An image of your artwork will be published in a color catalog specifically produced for the collective exhibition. The catalog will be distributed to the artists and art enthusiasts.
• Social Media: Your artwork will be promoted on various social media channels, including Agora Gallery’s Facebook page, which has over 100,000 fans.
• Agora-Gallery.com: Your artwork will appear in an exhibition page which will be part of the Agora Gallery website, and in addition, photos from the opening reception will appear on Agora-Gallery.com and on Facebook.
If your work is selected it will be your exclusive responsibility to deliver the actual artwork to the gallery and to make sure it is framed and/or gallery wrapped and ready to be displayed. Results will be emailed to all participating artists and published online on September 13th, 2018.
Dimensional limitations of the actual artwork is following:
• 2-Dimensional Work: Each piece can be no larger than 75 x 85 inches (192 x 218 centimeters).
• Diptych, Triptych: A work made up of multiple pieces can be up to 168 inches (427 centimeters) wide, as long as each part is no larger than 75 x 85 inches (192 x 218 centimeters).
• 3-Dimensional Work: The maximum size for a work that is preassembled (arrives as one piece) is 72 x 72 x 24 inches (184 x 184 x 61 centimeters). The maximum size for work that is comprised of multiple parts to be assembled in the gallery is 72 x 72 x 36 inches (184 x 184 x 92 centimeters).
The 2018 Competition Exhibition is scheduled to take place at the street-level space of Agora Gallery at 530 West 25th Street, Chelsea, NYC, from December 5 to December 15, 2018.
There is a $45 entry fee for up to 5 images ($5 for each additional image).
>STRONG>Latin American Contemporary Fine Art Competition>/STRONG> is open for Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Latin American diaspora living worldwide. All Latin American artists above the age of 18 are eligible to participate.