LOEWE Craft Prize 2019 now is over!
The LOEWE Foundation recently has launched the new edition of international annual LOEWE Craft Prize to showcase and celebrate newness, excellence and artistic merit in modern craftsmanship.
The international annual LOEWE Craft Prize 2019 is the new edition recently opened for entries, launched by LOEWE Foundation to showcase and celebrate newness, excellence and artistic merit in modern craftsmanship.
The aim of this craft competition is to disseminate and raise awareness of the work of talented craftspeople, sharing their greatest achievements. Its aims to recognize outstanding works that show artistic vision and innovation, and which reflect the personal language and distinct hand of their maker. The LOEWE Foundation aims to support artistic craft and acknowledge leading artisans from around the world at the forefront of their fields.
The winning work should reinterpret tradition to make it relevant now and demonstrate the continuing valuable contribution to the culture of our time.
All entries should:
• fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
• demonstrates artistic intent in addition to technical proficiency
• be an original work, handmade or partly handmade
• is recently created (in the last five years), and one-of-a-kind, and has not won any prizes previously
• is innovative, in the sense that it updates tradition
• You need 2 to 5 photographs of the work (or series) and optionally a video.
• Write a brief conceptual statement about the work.
• Submit your application by 31 October 2018.
Entries may be made by an individual or collective (as a "group submission").
From the shortlist, a jury composed of 11 leading figures from the world of design, architecture, journalism, criticism and museum curatorship, including Jennifer Lee (winner of the 2018 LOEWE Craft Prize) will select the winner (up to 30 Works from among all the entries submitted) of the 2019 LOEWE Craft Prize.
There is no entry fees to participate in this competition!
Open worldwide to all professional artisans of 18 years or older at the time of the submission of entries. All nationalities are welcome. You should be dedicated to crafts as a profession, and participate actively in exhibitions, galleries, fairs, etc. You do not necessarily need to make a living out of it.
There is no entry fee to participate!