Overcome Film Festival 2019 now is over!
Overcome Film Festival 2019 has been recently organised by Modifier Group, calling for submissions from artists and filmmakers all over the world.
The Overcome Film Festival 2019 now is accepting submission, organised by Modifier Group,an event of national and international scope with presentations of cinematographic works, invites participation from artists and filmmakers all over the world.
The Overcome Film Festival is a venue for all storytellers, filmmakers, and artists to tell the world their stories of survival and triumph over adversity. It is the focus of the film festival to give survivors a voice and a venue to share their life experiences and provide hope to others.
The organization and organizers of the OVERCOME Film Festival’s focus is to present recent national and international productions/works, seeking to contribute to its diffusion and/or discussion with the intent to bring together filmmakers and poets, promoting the innovation of digital exhibition of artistic creations, in order to create an opportunity for individuals who cannot physically be present and participate in person in the OVERCOME Film Festival.
Everyone is invited to participate with their work. Animation, narrative and non-narratives, audiovisual poetry films, and experimental works are accepted. The Festival especially encourages the entries of anyone who wants to share their experiences in overcoming challenges, illnesses, disabilities or any other factor that has contributed to their growth as a person and motivated them to celebrate their existence.
The OVERCOME Film Festival will be presented in the competitive categories described below:
• Best International Short Film
• Best International Feature Film
• Best Audiovisual Narrative Poetry Film
• Best National Short Film
• Best National Feature Film
• Best Director International Film
• Best Cinematography
• Best Editing
• Best Art Direction
• Best Documentary Story In A Feature Film
• Best Fiction Story In A Feature Film
• Best Documentary Story In A Short Film
• Best Fiction Story In A Short Film
• Best Actor In A Feature Film
• Best Actress In A Feature Film
• Best Actor In A Short Film
• Best Actress In A Short Film
• Best Director National Film
• Best Actor In A National Film
• Best Actress In A National Film
• Overcome Festival Theme Award
Only feature films, short films, and narrative audio poetry videos that were completed thirty-six (36) months prior to the OVERCOME Film Festival submission deadline can participate in the OVERCOME Film Festival.
Copies of all films that will participate in the OVERCOME Film Festival must meet the following criteria:
1. For Online events a copy will be submitted in digital MOV-H264 file with Dolby 5.1 sound via Vimeo link or other requested platform.
2. For physical events a copy will be submitted in (digital MOV-H264, DCP unlocked, or Blu-Ray) Dolby 5.1 sound. Digital films will be displayed on a 2K or 4K resolution projector.
At the time of submission of a work to the OVERCOME Film Festival in any category, the party submitting the work shall:
• Complete the document, through the website or through another method that is stipulated by the organizers and the organization of the OVERCOME Film Festival;
• Send in addition to the completed submission of the work, three photos (JPEG files) with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI, with 18 x 24 cm dimensions, with a maximum of 2000kb and with an indicative description and photographs of the artists, directors and technical crews.
• Provide the organization and organizers of the OVERCOME Film Festival worldwide unlimited royalty free license to present, distribute and use in any form, waiving any type of fees, royalties, or any kind of compensation or demand of right of any nature. You agree that you waive and relinquish any legal rights any fees, royalties, or any type of compensation or legal and/or financial demand and/or litigation of any kind whatsoever in connection to the organization and organizers of the OVERCOME Film Festival.
• Have full releases for all performers associated with and performing on film, providing signed and legally valid permissions of all individuals associated with the film and individuals acting on the film. You must present legally valid documentation of all persons involved in the film, including actors, with their full authorization to submit their performance and likeness in association with the registration, selection and exhibition of the work. You must also submit documentation that you have their legal permission to have their work presented at the festival, waiving any legal claim that may be filed at any time against the organization and organizers of the OVERCOME Film Festival and other directly or indirectly associated and / or affiliated parties.
Submissions are accepted on multiple platforms, including:
All selected feature films, short films, and narrative audio poetry video for competitive shows, must, at the discretion of the organizers, send the copies for display until the date indicated by the organization and organizers of the OVERCOME Film Festival including digital posters of the film.
The names of the winners will be published online and certificates will be awarded. As the festival is about providing a voice to survivors, financial awards and prizes will be foregone in lieu of certificates.
• Earlybird Deadline: $10 USD
• Regular Deadline: $15 USD
• Late Deadline: $20 USD
• Extended Deadline: $25 USD
The Overcome Film Festival 2019 is an international event and everyone all over the world is encouraged and welcome to participate.