San Francisco Design Week Awards 2019 now is over!
The San Francisco Design Week Awards, an international design competition recently opened for entries, seeking to encourage thought leadership by supporting designers whose works can contribute towards a positive future for society.
The San Francisco Design Week Awards is an international design competition seeking to encourage thought leadership by supporting designers whose works can contribute towards a positive future for society.
SFDW is an essential week-long city-wide festival that showcases the unique intersection of ideas, design, business & entrepreneurism that makes the Bay Area the birthplace of the future. There are fourteen categories:
• Communication Design
• Civic + Government
• Future of Foods
• Interior Design
• Internet of Things
• Travel & Hospitality
• Urban Mobility
• Wild Card
The entrant or submitted work must demonstrate either an intrinsic connection to the design community or offer a vision that can improve the lives of the people within their community.
Entries for the prestigious San Francisco Design Week Awards will be judged by a jury composed of leading Bay Are design professionals.
Criteria of evaluation:
• Impact – Design that represents a substantial shift in the way a particular process is created, executed, perceived or experienced.
• Singularity – Products and ideas that go above and beyond contemporaneous work being done within distinct fields of design.
• Inclusiveness – Work that empowers those previously underrepresented in the design community and emboldens social mobility at all levels.
• Social Responsibility – Design that offers solutions for people with needlessly insurmountable barriers to entry in all walks of life.
• Ease of Use – Design that can be easily understood and applied by the end user.
• Visual Appeal – Projects, ideas and processes that not only solve problems, but do so with aesthetics that accentuate and elevate the experience start to finish.
• Feasibility – Design that can be sensibly funded, implemented, and embraced.
Finalists will be displayed at the opening night Design Hub and have a permanent presence on the SF Design Week Awards website and will be also provided with two complimentary tickets to attend and participate this event.
Awards will be announced at the press preview on June 20th.
• $289 (For-profit)
• $145 (Non-profit)
• $99 (Educator or full-time student)
Entrant must be a design professional or have background/work experience in design. To enter as a student, one must be able to provide full-time enrollment status. To enter as a non-profit you must be a registered non-profit.