Sock It to Me 2021 Design-A-Sock Contest now is over!
Sock It to Me, a fun, clever, design-focused sock brand, is hosting new edition of its Design-A-Sock Contest for 2021 inviting all fans and artists around the world to enter and design its own socks.
Design-A-Sock Contest, held annually by Sock It to Me, has been recently opened for entries for 2021 inviting all fans and artists around the world to participate. This is your chance to design your own socks, and maybe win the opportunity to see it produced.
Sock It to Me has been hosting this design contest every single year since the company was founded in 2004. It has been a fundamental and extremely crucial backbone of the company, as the competition has steadily and powerfully contributed to Sock It to Me’s growth year after year.
Participants are invited to submit unique sock designs.
The organizers are looking for designs that they don’t already have (take a look at their current line on the official website to see what is already available). Also avoid complex details or gradients as these are difficult to translate onto a sock. You can design any style you want (crew, knee high, etc.), though that might get changed during production.
Approximately 30 semi-finalists will be chosen and offered for public voting between 14th October and 21st October, 2021.
• You can enter a maximum of 5 original entries per person
• Organizer prefer 6 colors per design, because if a sock with more than 6 colors makes it through the voting process to win, they’ll need to adjust the design for production. All judges will use this preference during the contest because their socks cannot be created with more than 6 colors. Black and white are counted as colors.
• Upload JPG, PNG, PDF formats only
• Please keep file sizes under 10MB.
• Simplicity of design
• Use of a maximum of six colors
• Use of colors that are flat and solids, NO shading, blending or half tones
• Use of pattern
• Use of imagery, themes, patterns, or designs that are different from our current line
This contest is open to entrants of all ages for a maximum of five (5) original entries per person. Parents and legal guardians of children under 18 also may submit designs created by their children.
The winner will receive a $2,000 cash prize and their sock will be produced in one of the company’s future product lines. Second place will win a prize of $1,000 and third place will receive $650.
There is no entry fee to participate!