Sony World Photography Awards 2020 now is over!
The Sony World Photography Awards, one of the most celebrated and diverse photography competitions in the world, now is open for entries in its 2020 edition inviting all professional, amateur, youth and student photographers to partecipate.
Created by the World Photography Organisation, the Sony World Photography Awards, one of the most celebrated and diverse photography competitions in the world and an authoritative voice in the industry, has been recently opened for entries for 2020.
Celebrating the finest contemporary photography from the past year, the Awards give vast exposure, visibility and opportunity to photographers worldwide on an annual basis. Now in its 13th year, it aims to showcase the best contemporary photography worldwide.
There is a competition and a category for everyone, from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sports, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture, and more.
• Free to enter and open to anyone submitting a series of 5 to 10 images per category
• Judged on a body of work across 10 diverse categories
• Photographers must submit a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 images
• 1 overall winner, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place + up to 10 shortlisted photographers per category
• Free to enter and open to anyone submitting single images taken in 2019
• Rewarding the best single images across 10 diverse categories
• 1 overall winner, 1 winner and up to 15 shortlisted images per category
• Free to enter and open to all 12-19 year-olds, asked to submit single images taken in 2019
• New format for 2020: Monthly competitions with a changing theme running from June 1 to December 31, 2019
• Photographers can enter up to 3 single images per month
• Judges will select up to 10 images per month, including one winner
• All the judge’s monthly picks will compete to be named Youth Photographer of the Year
Organizer are looking for the next generation of talented photographers! The Youth competition, for everyone aged 12-19, recognizes that a love for photography often starts at a young age. The competition helps young photographers grow and flourish into the next stages of their careers. Judges are looking for good composition, creativity and clear photography.
• Free to enter for anyone undertaking a full-time photography program
• Institutions must be registered for their students to take part
• Students answer a set brief with 5 to 10 images
• Awards for one overall winner and up to 10 shortlisted photographers
The awards offer an unparalleled opportunity for exposure for photographers at all stages of their career and are known worldwide by industry leaders. The images are judged by the World Photography Organisation and a specially selected jury from the World Photographic Academy which is made up of the photographic industry’s most esteemed individuals.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
The Sony World Photography Awards 2020 is open to professional, amateur, youth and student photographers from across the world.
There is no entry fee to participate!