TAIPEI CYCLE d&i awards 2020 now is over!
TAIPEI CYCLE d&i awards 2020 has been recently opened for entries inviting all manufacturers, designers, sales representatives, importers and distributors in the bicycle industry to participate.
The TAIPEI CYCLE d&i awards 2020, one of the most highly respected design competitions for the international cycling industry, now is opened for entries and invite all manufacturers and designers from the cycling industry are invited to enter their designs and innovations.
Taiwan is known as being the “Kingdom of Bicycles”. In the 1970s, through high-quality production and development, Taiwan gradually built a leading position in the global bicycle industry. In addition, Taiwan’s outstanding rise in export and international market share has created a long-lasting legend. With all of this as background, the first Taipei Cycle Show was held in 1988 to help the bicycle industry expand further overseas. This turned over a new historical page. In recent years, with the integration of digitization and smart technology, the government has cooperated with private enterprise to establish for Taiwan an international reputation as “The Island of Bicycles”. This also symbolizes the industry’s digital transformation from manufacturing to customized design, and represents a new chapter in Taiwan’s history. Categories are:
• Complete bicycle - Racing, MTB, Urban, Road, Folding bike and Cargo bike etc
• Parts and components - Frames, Handlebars, Stems, Forks, tires, Rims, hubs, wheel sets, Cranksets, Chains, Derailleurs, Brakes, Saddles and Pedals etc.
• Cycling accessories - Cycling computers, Water bottles, Bells, Pumps, Lights, Locks, Fenders, Paints, Tools, Children’s seats, Bike Racks, Bike Travel Cases, Cycling Clothes, Shoes, Cycle Glasses, Gloves, Helmets, Bags, Goggles and Sport Braces etc.
• E-bikes & drive units - E-bikes, Electric Motors, Battery unit, Chargers, Energy Management Systems, Electric Parts and Components etc
• Smart cycling services - IoT Applications, Mobile Devices, Software &Mobile Apps, Clouds systems and Big data etc.
Entries that have been on the market for less than 2 years or are scheduled to go into mass production in 2020 are eligible to participate in the awards.
Entries should reflect a strong level of innovation and design quality.
There is no limit to the number of entries per contestant.
A short description of the product, its function and design in English and 2 product images will be used to help jury arrive at their decision. Entries of category “Smart Cycling services” must be submitted either as physical items or as digital media. For digital entries, please provide a PDF file or a media link (URL).
An international expert jury will discuss and evaluate all submitted entries in a dedicated, critical and constructive way.
• Innovation and Elaboration
All the products selected by an international panel of experts will be presented at the Taipei International Cycle Show 2020. The winner will be selected from the winning products to encourage excellent innovations and designs from companies established after 1 January 2016.
• TPC Exhibitors and Members of TBA - US$ 80
• Non-exhibitors: US$ 160
The TAIPEI CYCLE d&i awards 2020 invite all manufacturers, designers, sales representatives, importers and distributors in the bicycle industry to compete in the awards.